I had my 34 week appointment today. Everything looks good. I gained about 3 pounds since two weeks ago, blood pressure is 114/66 or something like that. It was normal though. Fundal height is 34 inches. I'm just chugging along! You know what's sad, when my midwife saw my stretched out belly, she said "ow, that looks like it hurts!" She's seen so many bellies, that it must mean mine is one of the worst. It does really hurt and itch like crazy! No matter how much lotion I put on, I even put on benadryl cream, and the itch never really goes away. :( I still have 6 more weeks to stretch! Yikes!
We signed up for prenatal classes and a hospital tour. I was supposed to sign up at 28 weeks... oh well. They don't really have a lot of times for a working woman who works a swing shift. So I think I'll be farther along than most women there. I'm excited though. It will be very insightful, or maybe I will be more scared about the whole birthing process!
In other news, we did our taxes and we got back WAY more than I thought we would! We were both soooo happy! This means that I can stay on unpaid leave after the baby is born for a little bit longer. We have had so many blessings that have come our way this year. We were being pretty bad about paying our tithing for a few months at the end of last year, and one of my new years resolutions was to pay our tithing weekly. Anyway, I can't believe the things that have come up to help us out and I know it is all from the Lord. I know that he loves and watches over me and Jared. It is so easy to forget that we are not alone and that we can come to Him for help. I am grateful for this blessing and the knowledge I have of the gospel. Things are definitely starting to look up! :)
5 comments:
Shirley! Not to be rude, cause I hated when people told me this, but you really do look ready to pop anyday! The thing is you are so dang tiny, the baby has no where to grow but straight out! haha, you look beautiful though! its great to hear you'll get some more maternity time, suck it in for all its worth!
I LOVED the prenatal classes we took with the first pregnancy. I especially liked the breast feeding one because that was the thing I was most nervous about. There's a birthing video you'll watch that's pretty hilarious-- it was made in the 80s or something. Anyway, good luck in the next 6 weeks!
Well, you look good, even if your stomach is itching like crazy. Hang in there.
Oh I am so glad things are going well. It's a scarey thing to be so close and some many variables. I glad you guys are being blessed! And you really look quite pregnant!! It's so cute! :)
Hey Shirley, I didn't know you had a blog. I loved the invite to the shower, cute idea! :) You look so cute pregnant. Its very hard to be pregnant, but knowing that you get to have a sweet little baby in the end, there is nothing like that feeling. It's so much better than Christmas ever could be. (Like I really need to tell ya that)
Thank you for your comments on my blog. Does Nancy or Steven have a blog too? That'd be cool.
Hang in there, it wont be long now and you'll be able to sleep confortably (even if you don't sleep much for a few weeks. :) he he he) So ya know, that phase doesn't last long, otherwise our species would have become extinct a long time ago.
I'll see ya later today.
Post a Comment