Wednesday, February 18, 2009

36 Week Appointment

Everything looks good! Blood pressure is perfect, I only gained one pound since two weeks ago (phew!), fundal height is 36 cm and I go back in one week. They will do the group B strep test then. Pregnancy appointments are so boring. I am so glad the baby is healthy and I am fine, but I guess I want a little excitement. lol. I shouldn't be saying this because I will have plenty of that in 4 weekish when he arrives.

We finally got our travel system, and I love it. So if the baby were to come to today, we'd be all ready to go pretty much. I just have to get a few things for me to have at the hospital. Now that I am 36 weeks, I feel like delivery day is just around the corner! But I also remember that 4 weeks is forever. I just can't wait to get to the point where I am not working any more. I only work 6 more days! I can do it!

Since there isn't anything exciting to do with the baby, I decided to add some pictures of my other baby, Sassy. She loves sitting on laps and cuddling. She is the sweetest cat! Since I am large and pregnant, she can't really sit on my lap any more and for some reason she has wanted to be with me more and more as I get bigger and bigger! So one day I decided to put her on my desk so she could be with me, but not on my lap. Well, now she just jumps directly on the desk without even checking my lap first. So I have to be careful if I have food or am doing something on my desk. Luckily, she does a little meow before she jumps so I can maybe catch her before she puts a paw in my dinner! Here's a picture of the fat cat taking up all the room on my desk!



Sassy also hadn't had a bath in forever. Cats don't really need baths, but it's nice to give them one to help clean their fur and skin. Plus it makes them smell so good! Since I can't really bend over in the bathtub, my mom came and helped give her a bath. Sassy hates baths as you can see. It's just too bad though! Now she smells good and is soft.



It will be interesting to see how Sassy takes to Ryan. I think she may hide for a couple of days. She doesn't really like children. She doesn't bite or scratch, just avoids kids with every bone in her body. I hope she eventually gets comfortable with him. We'll see in a few short weeks!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I am happy I helped you to give Sassy a bath. I was happy she didn't climb or grab or scratch on me. She kept screaming like "meow meow...." I felt her voice.

I am happy the crib and the stroller arrived on the time. I saw you and Jared happy. I will never forget Jared lifted the car seat, and the bottom dropped itself and hit his knee and foot. Ouch, I am happy he is ok.

I saw the picture Sassy lied down on your computer desk. She is soooo cute and relaxed. Did her tail wave? I am not sure about msn chat is that me? LOL.

I can't wait to see your own son, Ryan. I am anxious to see what Ryan looks like. I think his hair is alot and black...who knows. You and Jared will be wonderful parents!!! I am proud of both of you. I love you both. Love Mom

Missy said...

He's gonna be a new baby. I bet Sassy will love him. Especially since he is your baby. Animals know.

Nancy said...

Haha Sassy! Her and her dinosaur ROARS and head bumps! :) I miss that cat. I wish Jonathon liked cats enough that we could get have one in the future. It's okay though - I've already been able to get one perfect dog and was already agreed to being allowed to get a second one someday when we have a house - yay! That should be enough.. though I really wouldn't mind having a little (fat) sassy in the house. :)