Sunday, October 26, 2008

Happy Halloween!!!

We celebrate Halloween at my Grandma and Grandpa Richards' house every year. We have food, a costume party, a spook alley, and lots and lots of fun! We try to get creative with our costumes every year. Our first year we were Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus (I would post a picture of it, but all my pictures are on Jared's hard drive, which is no longer in his computer. Yes I am not too happy about it. :)), year 2, I was a pig and Jared was a butcher, and year 3, I was an angel and Jared was the devil. This year we decided to go with a pregnant theme, so Jared was a baker and I was an oven baking the bun we created together. :)





We made our costumes as you can tell, but I am particularly proud of the chef hat. We made that with 4 pieces of paper! We should've used 5 so it would actually fit Jared's big head (hehe), but we didn't have time.

Here is a picture of my family. My brother was Nicky Six from Motley Crue, my mom was a lady bug, Nancy and Jonathon didn't have time to get their costumes (dressing Emo) so they borrowed some from the spook alley, and me as the oven and Jared as the baker.




Here are some pictures of the decorations and the spook alley. They totally go all out for this each year. Next year might be the last year since all the grandkids are getting so old. You can imagine that this takes a ton of work so thank you to Mom, Grandma, Holly, and Cynthia for the hard work in putting this together!! It really is the highlight of the night!











So two more days until we find out about what the baby is! Check back on wednesday for the final reveal... (keeping our fingers crossed that the baby doesn't keep it's legs crossed!) On a final note, here is my favorite picture of the night. I love Halloween, and I love Jared, and I love finally starting to look pregnant!

1 comment:

Jill said...

You look so cute Shirley. That's a good stage to be at. I'm at the stage where I just look fat. You can't tell I'm pregnant, just fat.