Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Day

Here is our little cute boy with his Turkey Shirt I made for him. The tail feathers are in the shape of his hands and I just love it! He looks so cute in it too!

We didn't get any family pictures, but luckily Ryan is cute enough for all of us.

Ryan did great wearing his shirt. About five hours after I put it on him, he started freaking out! He was acting like he was scared or hurt. One of the legs on the turkey came off and Jared pointed it out. Either that made him really sad, or he realized he had a turkey on his shirt and didn't want it any where near him! He was crying so hard!

Of course, before we took the shirt off, we took a video. I'm a mean mom!


It was a wonderful day with lots of food and relaxing. I wish I could eat more on Thanksgiving. I seriously was so full the whole day. We spent the day at Dennis and Cheryl's with all of Jared's family. We love them!

Last night, our nieces Megan, Lindsay, and Sydney came to our house to sleep over and go Black Friday shopping with me. We went to Kohls first and left at about 3 am. It was insane! I have never gone out before 5 am, and I don't think I will again. We waited in line for two hours at Kohls. That is not my idea of fun, but I got some really cute boots out of it! I think I ruined Black Friday for my cute nieces. :( They were so sweet to wait with me and go with me for all my shopping. It's such a fun way to start out the Christmas season. I do love it, and I will go again next year, just not so early. :)

I hope you all had a wonderful day! Now for some more turkey. :)

6 comments:

Gary said...

Hahaha! That's cute!

Emily :) said...

You are the cutest Mom EVER!! That shirt is soooooo cute and I love that it was made with his hands!! So glad that you guys had such a great Thanksgiving! :-)

Natalie said...

That turkey shirt is way cute! What an awesome idea!

Natalie said...

Oh and I was at Kohl's too! I waited in line for two hours OUTSIDE before it opened! Grabbed what I went for, was the first person to check out, and got right out of there! I know the lines get crazy there so I wasn't messin around. Although, waiting in line INSIDE for two hours would have been way better than outside... hmmmm... DOH!

Ben and Cjirsten said...

Black friday is one of my favorite days! I was so sad I couldn't go shopping this year! I never really get much because all the lines and stuff are so crazy but it is so fun to go out and see all the craziness lol! There were some years we just didn't go to bed and went out at midnight! it was great! I love how upset Ryan is about the shirt thats so funny!

Missy said...

I just wanted to say hi and check in on you.
I got your message. I miss you too. And I love you too. :)
I haven't blogged in a long time. I've been going to school and remodeling our new house (guess its not so new anymore).
My kitchen is all torn up. Sigh...
Anyway, everytime I get on the computer I'm there for hours. I just can't seem to help myself. Today I've been on for 4 hours already. Ug, I'm just now realizing this.
I've been looking for a doll for my son and I've been researching leg pain. He's been telling me that his legs hurt. Now his arms hurt too...
Anyway. Tell Nancy hi for me too-k. I'd better get off.
Michelle