Monday, November 8, 2010

Ruined Library Book

Ryan loves pens and paper. He knows he is supposed to draw on paper. Well I let him have a pen this morning while I was working... yeah not the best idea I've had.

I heard him saying "baby! Baby! baby!" and turned around to see him drawing on the baby in his "I'm Trying To Be Like Jesus" library book.

Of course I yelled, "Ryan!!! NO coloring in the book!" I proceeded to turn the pages and found many pages with the same drawings. I guess he had been at it for awhile. Any guesses WHERE he was drawing in this book? Yep, right behind me. I had no idea. I always am telling Jared how much better I am than him because I have great "Ryan is getting into trouble" senses. Jared would have never have let Ryan have a pen. When I tell him this, I know I am going to get a "I told you so...." :)

After I had said NO to Ryan probably a million times, he started looking through the book and saying "No, no, no." (Signing it as well, that makes it even more cute!) I know he knew what he did was wrong. And honestly, I guess if he had to draw in any book, I'm glad it's this one. We love it and now we get to keep it!

I also have to say I am very impressed on where he decided to draw. He drew on all the faces mostly. Pretty interesting! I haven't seen much order in his scribbling, so this was pretty cool to see.

Of course, I can't have a post without a picture of the stinker. :)

7 comments:

Jonno said...

Haha his cute little sneaky face at the end! I thought it was just one picture at first and he drew all over the black people. I thought he must have inherited Jared's racism! Haha. He is so stinkin cute. Love him. Love, Nancy

Tina said...

How adorable!!!! I guess he really wanted to keep that book :)

When do we get an update on baby#2 post? I hope you are feeling well!

Lisa said...

Hahahaha he is innocent to do that. But he is enthasusim to draw. Cute.

You are bad girl. You drew the big pictures on the wall in the bedroom...the rental house in California when short time we moved out. I saw it and I was soooo upset. You pointed your finger at Steven that he did. I scolded him and I spanked him.

Then years later, you told me that you did, not Steven. I should scold you and I spank you!!!

I owe Steven an apologize!!! I am sorry, Steven.

You are bad girl. Ryan is bad boy. Just tease. I love you both.

Jefra said...

Oops! At least it's a cute book and a cute story to tell him one day. I too admit that I'm always boasting about how my sense of awareness for Cannon is far superior, but he's definitely gotten past me before.

Ben and Cjirsten said...

he he he this makes me laugh so hard! Cambree colored in one of my little brothers books, and I still feel horrible about it but I guess thats a part of childhood ha ha ha

Emily :) said...

What a silly boy!! But his drawings are soooooo adorable!!! You could tell that he was really concentrating hard. And that book is so adorable! I need to find one like that for Porter! I hope that everything is going well for you guys!!

Barb said...

That is hilarious - and a very cute book to have to keep! So funny.