We got there late friday night and stayed until Sunday afternoon. I didn't get too many pictures, I know, surprised? But I did get some. I forgot to take pictures when we went to the pool, so when Lanae gives me some I'll be reposting.
On Saturday we just hung out and watched movies. Justin and Lanae's family came up for dinner and swimming. Ryan did awesome in the pool again! He loves the water, especially when it's warm! I can't wait until one of us doesn't have to be holding on to him at all times. I think it will be a lot more fun for him and US! After swimming, we grilled hamburgers and hot dogs. We had brownies and chips and watermelon (courtesy of Bountiful Baskets! It was delicious!!!) It started to rain, that's always our luck up there, but we made a fire and roasted marshmellows any way.
Colten was in charge of making the fire and he made it huge! For marshmallows! So it was hard to get close to the fire to get the golden toasty marshmallows without getting your face burned off. Wes got a huge stick and made that his roasting stick. Good thing we had the huge marshmallows so he could get it on there and it stayed. I'll try to get pictures from Lanae of that as well! We had a great time with both families. We love them!
The next day we took it easy. We went on a bike ride with Colten and Makayla. Jared had a rough time and needed a breather when we got back. I am sure that trailer was really hard to pull behind him. It was fun biking though. It made me want to buy some so we can do it here at home.
Ryan loved playing outside and running around. He loved to pick up stick and hit people with them. He loves to throw things and it is driving me crazy! I just take it away and say don't hit, be soft. I hope that it works until he can understand what time out means. He was acting crazy with throwing stuff here. Maybe because he was tired... I don't know. He was throwing his football and threw it way hard and hit Colten in the nose! It was pretty funny and sad at the same time.
We went swimming one more time and had lots of fun. We left that afternoon and stopped at Justin and Lanae's to get some stuff for work, and then at Jared's dad to say hi. These are the flowers in his front yard. They are Jared's mom's favorite flowers. I think they are so cool. This is the best I've seen them look, so I guess we were there right at the best time to see them.
Jared's dad fed us dinner, yay!, and then we went out to pick peas. Ryan pushed this swing and then it went around him and he went after it. Every time it came back to him, he would have run around to get it. He went in a circle for about two minutes before he finally caught it! I tried to recreate it, but he just got hit in the face instead. You'll have to be left to your imagination! :)
We love spending time with our families and Island Park was a wonderful short vacation. Hopefully next year we can go for a week!
3 comments:
You guys are having a lot of fun this summer! I just have to say how amazing it is that Ryan will wear a hat! I've tried and tried and tried, but Cannon pulls his off every time!
How fun! You guys go and do so many fun things! ha ha we are so boring and cheap we don't go do anything! The pics are way cute though
My sister in laws cabin is up in island park too! It's nice up there!
Post a Comment