Thursday, July 8, 2010

California Trip Continued


One of the days we were able to go to the beach. Since Kari hates the beach, she didn't have a favorite one. I picked Zuma Beach, the beach we always went to when I lived here. The drive there was beautiful! I love the drive through the mountains (if you can call them that ;) and then coming down and seeing the ocean on the horizon! I love it!

It was freezing at the beach when we got there. The sun was hiding so jackets were necessary. I took Ryan to feel the water, and he liked it! He is still a bit little, the waves coming up would have knocked him over in no time! But he didn't cry or get upset, so that was good. :)





The sun started coming out and I needed to get in the water! It was freezing cold, but so much fun! I love swimming in the ocean. We brought boogie boards, but I just couldn't get it. I boarded in about half way once. The kids were really good to get in with me even though it was so cold. We did wave diving and that was fun. Allison did so good! I was so proud of her. I am sure those waves seemed a lot more scary, but she went and played any way. I LOVE the beach! I am so glad we got to go. I wish it had been warmer, but what do ya do? :)


I told Michael to smile and this is what I got. Haha. That's how cold it was. :)

Tanya, her kids, and Michael came with us. We all had so much fun! Once it got too cold to be in the water, the sand was a lot of fun.


Ryan absolutely loved the sand! He was a happy baby the entire time we were there! I took him down to the wet sand to play, but that wasn't good because he tried to eat it and then tried to get the sand out of his mouth by putting his sandy hand in his mouth. It was pretty funny! Here is a video of it.





After that, we kept him on the dry sand, and he still had so much fun. He looks like he is swimming in it. :)



Here is a picture of us and the ocean. For some reason, I never took a direct shot of the ocean. :) But here it is for any one interested... Mom and Dad. :)

We had a ton of fun and I can't wait to see it again. I love that Kari lives in California so we have a wonderful excuse to go and visit and then go see the beach. Maybe next time it will be warm enough and we can get Kari to go! We'll see.

5 comments:

Jefra said...

I love, love, love the beach, so I am so jealous! We wanted to take Cannon to the Texas coast this summer. It's not anything spectacular, but the water is warm. But now we have oil on our beaches!

You guys have been pretty busy. Your 4th of July looked like a lot of fun!

Gary said...

The videos of Ryan are cute and made me laugh. hahaha I'm glad you went out there to the beach. I remember going there with you guys. Those were fun days at the beach! :)

Emily :) said...

Aww.. I am so jealous of you that you went to the beach!! How fun!! I could watch those videos of Ryan over and over!! I LOVED the one where he was swimming in the sand..hahaha! What a cutie!! And his little swimming outfit is adorable! I can't wait to take Porter to see the ocean, I bet he would LOVE it! Your family pictures at the beach are perfect!

Natalie said...

Ok who is Kari and how could she possibly hate the beach?! I didn't think that was an option in life!

Ben and Cjirsten said...

I love the beach, but ya the ones here you can never get in it seems like! but thats okay. I love the video of ryan at the beach. and pics are cute too!