We had a very busy holiday this 4th of July so there are tons of pictures and videos!


After breakfast, we always go and take our family pictures on a big rock.
2009
2010



The whole Richards Family
My cute grandparents




We had Ryan in a stroller for about half the walk when I thought he might enjoy walking. I was wrong, he enjoyed running! He loved having all that space to run. (My mom enjoyed taking pictures of it.) :)



Ryan is dragging his feet and then jumping. He's never dragged his feet before. So cute!


We did our usual Richards' tradition by going up to my grandparents' cabin at Brighton Ski Resort. We slept the night and then got up to go to breakfast.

After breakfast, we always go and take our family pictures on a big rock.
Here is last years picture for comparison. :)

After pictures, we take a walk around Silver Lake. As my grandma says every year, the lake was much bigger when her kids were little. It is about half the size that it was. Still very beautiful though.


Ryan is dragging his feet and then jumping. He's never dragged his feet before. So cute!
After our walk, we get all set up for the Brighton parade. It is pretty pathetic compared to all the big ones, but we get lots of candy and it's fun to see some of the traditions of Brighton.

Ryan eating a lollipop for the first time. As you may have guessed, he loved it! He cried when I took the stick away from him. lol











After lunch, we pack up and clean the cabin. Ryan wanted to help.







After I found my bow, I gave my red one to my mom. I think she looks cute in it. :)



On the way out of the bowling alley, we let Ryan play on a few of the rides. He HATED the horse, so I guess it was a good thing it didn't work. He LOVED the car. He was so happy in it. When we tried to take him out, he threw a huge tantrum! So we let him ride it again. But we had to go and he couldn't ride it forever! Poor Ryan was sad for about 5 minutes. One of the pictures is of him trying to get back in the car. He was pretty close!






After the parade, we got to have a nap! I made a bunch of bows for the holiday because of my work over at The Ribbon Retreat blog. I made a super cute one for myself to match my shirt, but I lost it and had to wear one I made at the last minute for one of my cousins. It turned out okay, it's the red one, but I was still sad that I didn't get to wear my original one. After my nap with Ryan, we found it! It had fallen out of my bad onto the bed and was under a crease in the blanket! I was so happy! So for the rest of the day, you can see that one. (BTW making bows is so much fun! I hope I have a girl next. :)
After our nap was time for lunch. We always roast hot dogs and marshmellows for smores.
After lunch, we pack up and clean the cabin. Ryan wanted to help.
My Aunt Kerri had a bunch of coupons for free bowling, so the whole family went. I bowled my worst ever in adulthood. I had a couple I bowled with Ryan and then my back hurt too badly to bowl well. Yes, I do have an excuse! I swear! :)
Ryan liked sliding down this ramp. He would walk up and then slide down on his tummy for about ten minutes. Then Darby showed him how to go down on his bum. He did it with her, but still preferred his tummy. :)
After I found my bow, I gave my red one to my mom. I think she looks cute in it. :)
On the way out of the bowling alley, we let Ryan play on a few of the rides. He HATED the horse, so I guess it was a good thing it didn't work. He LOVED the car. He was so happy in it. When we tried to take him out, he threw a huge tantrum! So we let him ride it again. But we had to go and he couldn't ride it forever! Poor Ryan was sad for about 5 minutes. One of the pictures is of him trying to get back in the car. He was pretty close!
After bowling, we all went swimming. The water was pretty warm, so Ryan loved it! He had a blast. I am so tempted to dunk him, but scared to death that it will make him hate the water. Maybe next time!

After swimming was over, we waited and hung out until fireworks. My grandpa bought a whole bunch for us. It isn't as much fun as watching the big city fireworks, but I love not being stuck in traffic for an hour afterwards. Ryan was pretty impressed with the little one right at the beginning.



This is what happens when you put the camera on night mode. :)




We had a great day with the Richards Family and love enjoying the holiday every year. It is exhausting, but so worth it! Can't wait until next year!
The next day was the actual holiday. I made Ryan a tie and since I had left over fabric, I made me a matching Posie. I think we look pretty cute!
We went over to Dennis and Cheryl's for dinner after church and Ryan got to wear his onesie with the same fabric on it that I made him. I think he looked so cute! (He is picking his nose in the picture below. lol)
We put Ryan on the trampoline for the first time by himself, and he loved it! He was so happy jumping and running. I think he could live on the trampoline (as long as no one else gets on it!)
The next day was the actual holiday. I made Ryan a tie and since I had left over fabric, I made me a matching Posie. I think we look pretty cute!
We hope you all had a great holiday as well with lots of fun, family, friends, and food! Although, I don't know if I want to eat another hot dog for a little while. :)
4 comments:
How fun! I love all the photos. Ryan is so cute. I have tried to get AliCherie to jump but she doesn't get it yet. Aren't family traditions fun? Independence day really made me miss Utah and being around those I love. You're a very dedicated blogger. I still have San Diego to blog and it's been several weeks! lol. Keep the posts coming! i love seeing all the photos and you give me some ideas for what we can do for fun. :)
Enjoyed the posting here. :)
Oh this all looks like so much fun! The Videos are so dang cute!!! I really miss living close to family and friends to go and do stuff with during the holidays and stuff, we just do everything on our own. We watched fireworks on sunday, and ya it was like 27 degrees outside!!! SO COLD!!!!! But the news said its suppose to finally start warming up! Anyway I need to call you and talk!!!
I am sad for not watch Ryan when fireworks showed. I am moron...left my keys inside my car and locked. LOL. I borrowed my dad's car to drive home to get my back up key.
Anyway, I love tradition of cabin in Brighton, breakfast at LDS church, and Brighton parade. I am thinking about I will walk in the parade next year. I might be clown and pull the wagon and I will make something for American July 4th.
At the bowling, I had good time and fun to watch Ryan. He was sooooo cute.
Thank you for joining me at the cabin, breakfast, parade, bowling and swimming....fun!
Post a Comment