Monday, April 6, 2009

Our Poor Car

Yesterday we went to my mom's for dinner to celebrate my brother, Steven's, birthday. We left around 9 pm and as we were walking to our car, my mom's neighbor was standing there asking if our car was our car. I was so tired I didn't really get what was going on until I really looked and saw the huge dent in our car. I was so disappointed. Not so much that it happened, but that it would delay us going home.



The guy was backing out his truck so his wife could pull her car out of the driveway. Well he wasn't paying attention and backed into our car. The weird thing is we were parked on his side of the street. We didn't park behind the driveway, so he backed up in some sort of U shape right into our car. This is the second time he has done this. He did it to my sister's car, too.

Now we're just trying to get things settled with his insurance company. The sucky thing is that we have no minutes left on our plan, since we used the phone a ton for talking about Ryan being born. Jared needs to call the company using a pay phone from school and deal with it from there. So we only have one car right now. The tire is crooked and not really drivable. Luckily I really don't need a car. So much fun to deal with these kinds of things, huh? I'm trying not to worry about it and just let Jared take care of it. Hopefully we will have our car back soon and fixed and I'll have a car to go get diapers when we run out, like today. :)

5 comments:

Nicole said...

OH man! That really sucks! BUT I do have to say when I saw the title and thumbnail for this post I was scared Ryan would have been in the car when you were in an accident.. SO at least no one was in the car??

Although, phone and minute issues are still no fun. Yuck.

Shirley said...

Yeah, that's partly why I chose my title the way I did. It way sucked. I did't want a title that would scare everyone right away. :) We're glad we weren't in the car because that is where his carseat was. That would have been so scary!

Grandma and Grandpa Roush said...

Even though the neighbor has insurance it is such a pain for you and Jared to care of it all. It takes so much time and is such a nuisance. Not having your car is quite a sacrifice.I have been through it more than once. LUckily, I have never been injured and it is very good that none of you were injured. Just the car. So your title was good.

Kimmie said...

oh man!! I am so sorry!! If i lived by you, I'd bring you diapers.

Missy said...

Well, happy birthday Stephen anyway. Sorry about your car. At least they were honest about it. Somebody hit our car in the parking lot of a resteraunt while we were inside a few years back. They just drove off, or maybe they went in to eat. Either way, the dent is still there and who knows who did it.