Sunday, April 5, 2009

Grandpa Comes to Visit and 2 week Appointment

We got the pleasure of having Grandpa Hale, Jared's dad, come and visit and meet little Ryan. It was great to have him here and see our little guy. Ryan is the 22nd grandchild on Jared's side. I am sure it was fun for Jared's dad to see Jared as a father. He just beams when he looks at or talks about Ryan.



Ryan's 2 week appointment was Friday and everything seems to look good. He was measured and looked at by the doctor and has his blood taken for the string of tests they do for newborns. He didn't like that too much. :( I wasn't there when he was circumcised, but I am sure I heard the scream he did. I told Jared how he screamed and he said he knew all about it since he was with him at the circumcision. The things we do to our children! Here are his two week stats: head circumference - 14.5 (46%), weight - 8 lbs 6 oz (40%), length - 21 inches (65%).

Ryan is doing great. He is starting to be more and more awake and he is soooo vocal. He is my little grunter. It's so cute. He was having really bad spitting up problems, but I may have solved it just by burping him more during feedings. We are so happy to have him and look forward to watching him grow and learn!

2 comments:

Tina said...

He is so cute! At two weeks old he now weighs as much as AliCherie did when she was born! Hope you are doing wonderful!

Grandma and Grandpa Roush said...

Sounds like you had a busy weekend!!! Very nice picture of Jared's Dad and his new grandson. Ryan seems to be doing very very well.