Monday, June 2, 2014

Brynn is 8 months

 

Our beautiful Brynn Bee is eight months old! I love everything about her. I could live without the night time wakings though. :) One of these days I'm going to wake up and realize I slept the whole night and it will be wonderful. One of these days... 

My friend Rachael came and took pictures with me and she is so awesome. You can tell which are hers and which are mine. :) Brynn was so funny and wouldn't stop looking at Rachael. I was yelling at her to look my way and she would only look at me for a second. It was a good thing we both had our cameras.


Brynn is so fun. She loves people and loves faces. If you are new in the room and get to hold her, she will grab your face. She also laughs at faces. A few times when I've been nursing in nursing rooms and someone comes in, she refuses to nurse and when I let her out from under the nursing cover, she scream laughs when she sees the face of whoever came in. It's so freaking cute I can hardly stand it. I wish I had four arms and foresight so I could record her doing it.


So sleep. I'm not getting very much of it. She wakes up at least twice every night. The norm is a five hour stretch at first and then three hours after that. I reeaaalllly need to start going to bed earlier so I can get more than three straight hours of sleep. I'm starting to go crazy. Literally. Do you think if I just have a pep talk with her that will work? Let's hope so. 


I finally started feeding her finger foods, you know like those rice puffs. I figure she needs to practice on easy stuff first and then go from there. I honestly have no idea what I did with the boys. I was reading their blogs from when they turned 8 months old and realized they were doing full meals by now and Brynn was just eating cereal. Granted, she refused cereal for a long time so she might just be delayed on that compared to them. Either way, I decided she needed to practice on some puffs and she is finally not gagging on them. Now I need to google what foods I should give her next because 1. I don't remember and 2. I can't even put a straight thought together to think about what foods would be good. I love the internet sometimes.

 One of my favorite pics I got!! Look at those big browns!

Brynn loves to babble! She also can sign dog. Thank you Grandma Lisa. :) She says dada, baba, nana, and finally mama! She is doing pretty good at mimicking. I caught her mimicking the busy tone on the phone perfectly! Pitch, sound length and all. She also loves to say "hi". In the morning I always say hi and she copies me. It's so so cute. She also loves to blow up her face. When I'm holding her I can feel it on my cheek and it is wonderful. 


As far as getting around, Brynn is still just as immobile as she was at 7 months. Every day I keep thinking she might get her knees under her and start crawling, but it doesn't happen. She CAN scoot around in a circle while she's sitting playing with toys. She still rolls with her arm under her. She is the most wiggly baby ever. I think she'd really like to go places, but just can't quite figure it out yet. That's ok. It just keeps her staying little longer and I'm just fine with that.

 I think she might be the prettiest baby ever!

We just love Brynn so much. I'm so grateful everyday for her sweetness and love. I'm so grateful to be able to raise her. Now I just need to get some sleep so I can do a better job of that. :) 

Here are more pictures that Rachael took. They are so cute! Enjoy!

 I can totally see myself in her in this picture!! She has two different faces, one when she smiles and another when she doesn't and they are both so cute!

This is the face she does when she is blowing upwards. It's a cute crooked lip thing.

Smiling at Mommy


That's just a little bit about our princess. We love her lots!

No comments: