Saturday, June 21, 2014

Washington Trip Day 1 and 2


We started our drive up to Seattle, Washington at 7 am Saturday June 21st. Grandma Lisa came with us. She had the great idea to put Brady in the back so she could sit up front. I'm so glad she did! Being in the back would have been a pain. The boys loved being next to each other... for about an hour. :) I was so happy to move Brady's seat back when we got home. The less they can touch each other, the better. :)


Jared and I listened to the Chronicles of Narnia series and the boys watched movies a lot. I took them to the dollar store and they each picked out five toys for our "surprises" along the way. I also printed and laminated a map with our path highlighted. The boys loved seeing how far we had gone and when we were getting closer to the next present. I brought lots of toys and things to color, but they mostly just wanted to watch movies. Thank goodness for the 21st century technology.

Ryan kept asking me every day until Washington. Finally I put up a count down chain to help see how close we were getting. He was great at taking off a link each day. I never had to remind him. Here he is taking off the last one! It was Washington day!

 
  
 
 Grandma help me make these snack necklaces for the drive. Brady took awhile on his, but Ryan's was gone in five minutes. 

 
The first presents in Brigham City I think.

  
*YAWN* Brynn did amazingly well in the car on the long drives.

  
Our laminated map. It actually helped us too! Laminating it made it easy to find. :)

  
#2 presents for Burley, ID

  
 
We stopped and made sandwiches and let the kids run around a bit. 
I don't remember the name of the town, but it was small and we had to
drive awhile to find a park. More gas stations should have picnic tables outside.

  
#3 presents in Boise!

  
  
#4 presents in La Grande, OR.
They also got ring pops with these Superman and Batman figurines.
Ryan was mad (these were a surprise), "He doesn't do anything!"
Oh to have an imagination. ;)

  
Ring Pop smile. :)

  
She did sleep some of the time. :)

  
My friend suggested getting cookie sheets from the dollar store for the kids to play on and color on. My kids didn't use them very much because they don't like to color very much, but this was a great idea. I also loved it when we had to feed them in the car. 

 
 #5 presents in Kennewick, WA. Almost there!

  

The landscape is changing, we're getting closer!

  
Brynn is ready to be there!

Thankfully with the hour time change, we were able to make it there about 11:30 pm PST. All the kids were asleep for the last hour or so. We stayed with my Aunt Susan and Uncle Mike. We hurried in and got them in bed and chatted for awhile and then went to bed ourselves. It was so nice to be in the Jones' house. It hasn't changed much from when I visited when I was a little girl. I love everything about that house and it was really fun to be there with my family. Aunt Susan spoiled us too. She invited everyone over for dinner then next day which was Sunday. I was so excited to see everyone!

We rested most of the morning and then everyone came over. My dad, April, and Nolan came. Melanie (Burton Cormany) came with her husband Donald and their cute son Dash. He is about 6 weeks younger than Brynn. He is so big though! He is so adorable. It was so nice to see them again. My Aunt Marilyn was also there. She had been visiting Melanie for a couple weeks. Grandpa Timothy was able to come as well. It was really nice to see him. And then Nancy and Jonathon and Teddy came up from Camas to get mom for the week. It was a great group and we had such a great time.

 Melanie and I were best cousins growing up. It is so fun to have babies the same age!

Susan got the kiddie pool out and the baby splash pad. Then she also got out the slip n slide.
The kids had a ton of fun!

 
 Grandpa T meeting Brynn for the first time.

 
Aunt Marilyn with Grandpa

 
 
 
  
 
 
 Teaching Dad how to take selfies.

Nancy and Jonathon were stuck in traffic forever. There were two car accidents so they finally got to Susan's pretty late. :( BUT I was so happy to see them and Teddy! I love him so much!

 
 
 Nancy and Nolan. Aren't they cute!?

 
Nancy and Teddy, Me and Brynn, Melanie and Dash.
We have one more cousin who has a baby about a week older than Brynn, Selina Jones. They live in San Diego. It would be so fun if we could all get together some day. 

 

 
Sisters and Cousins

 

It was time for Nancy and Jonathon to leave with my mom. We needed to take family pictures with Dad since we wouldn't be seeing him with Nancy again during our trip. We also took some pictures with Grandpa Timothy. Mom wanted a picture with him too. She has a lot of good memories of him.

 
 
 Grandpa with his grandkids. They might be a bit much for him. ;)

 
  
Brynn actually loves Grandpa Gary! She wasn't liking many people so that was really sweet to see.

These next pictures should be on the next day, but I'm putting them here. We gave the kids a bath the next morning. I took a few pictures and they are too cute not to share. :)

 
 She kept sticking her tongue out. :)

It was a great day and so fun to see everyone. We loved every minute of it. I have the best family.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Thank you for riding with you all to Washington. I had a lot of fun.

At Susan's place, I love her place, enjoyed with you, families and Grandpa Timothy. I love it. I am happy to see Grandpa Timothy. I can see his eyes. He is good. I had good memory with him in the past years.

Water slide is great for Ryan, Brady and Nolan...it made me laugh and fun to watch them.

I had fun with the kids on the trip. It kept me busy. I love it.

By the way, I looked up my phone to see the map which we looked for the park. I remember town name is Jerome, Idaho. Somehow I had flash back which I remember I saw the sign name park in front is Candlelight Park which we entered and parked there. I looked up the map on the computer and found it. That is Candlelight Park!

Trip is my best world!!!