Monday, June 23, 2014

Day 3: Snoqualmie Falls, Ferry, and Ivars

The next day after lunch we headed out to Snoqualmie Falls. It's pretty close to Susan's house and Dad loves to take people there. The boys have never seen a waterfall like this before. They liked it. Ryan wanted to go swimming in it. We tried to explain how dangerous it would be, but I think he still wished he could go off the waterfall and go swimming.


I took my nice camera that my friend Rachael gave to me and tried to get some professional looking shots. This is all I got. Not toooo shabby.

 

So beautiful!

 
 
 
 
 Take a picture of me Mom!

There is a trail that takes you down to the waterfall, but it's pretty long and we didn't have time. Luckily you can drive now! So we went down to see the waterfall from the bottom.

 
 
 They have new tubes, so this is part of the old one they used for many years.

 
 
 
You weren't supposed to go down on the rocks. There were a lot of signs warning against it.
As you can see lots of people ignored the signs. Nolan and Ryan wanted to ignore them too
and climb down and play in the water. I admit it did look fun!

 
 I love this picture. The boys are smiling so sweetly.


Next we were on our way to take a ride on a ferry. Ryan had always wanted to go on a ferry after watching a tv show that had them in it. He was really excited! The ferry ride wasn't very long which was perfect since we lost Brynn's pacifier and she was freaking out from being tired and such. She didn't want to be outside so I brought her in and she was just screaming. I nursed her and got her to sleep, but when I tried to move her she woke up and started screaming again. I was embarrassed because there were hardly any kids on the ferry and a lot of people on their way home from work, enjoying their quiet time. Oh well. We stopped and bought more pacifiers and a clip for it on the way home that night. :)

Here are some pictures I took with my nice camera. They are unedited. I am sure they would be nicer edited, but what can you do. ;)
 
And so it begins.... :)


Nolan LOVES pushing the stroller. He loves babies and little kids. It's really sweet. He wanted to hold Brynn a lot, but I had to tell him no since she was being such a grump. The boys love their uncle Nolan.

 
 
We were watching the ferry come back to Seattle and seeing how it connects to the road. The boys were actually pretty interested. Then we watched all the cars going out.

 
Brynn loved being at the window. She didn't cry for like 5 minutes!


After the ferry we headed to Ivars. I remember going there when I would visit Susan in the summer. I would visit with my dad and siblings when he lived in Seattle later. I was so excited to take my boys because I knew they would love it. There are tons of seagulls that will eat french fries right from your hand. I was super impressed that the boys would try it!! I was too scared my first few times. It was a lot of fun. Ryan did get nipped one time because he pulled his hand back then forward again so the seagull kind of lost where it was supposed to grab. He was fine though. Although he won't let me forget about it. :)

We saw this sign at a bar when we were getting off the ferry. :)

Ryan and Nolan were so cute walking to Ivars. They had a lot of fun together.


Ryan and Brady was so cute! Here is a video of him and Ryan feeding the seagulls.


Jared enjoying some clam chowder.

This was not a fun trip for Brynn. Sometimes it stinks being a baby.
She did enjoy watching the birds fly by again and again.


Here is another video of me feeding a seagull that was just sitting on the fence by us. They are totally not that scared of people.



Can you see the seagull coming to get Nolan's fry??

 
 
Every time Nancy and I would visit Ivars, we'd take pictures on this statue. I had to share that moment with the boys.

 
Finally asleep! Just in time to get in the car. 

One more thing I want to document is that the boys were so accident prone on this trip. Brady fell and scraped his knees more times than I can count. He also hit his face twice while we were at Ivars. Ryan also hit a bench and fell over hurting himself. We had to stop at a shop and ask for a bandaid. I am so glad they aren't like that in real life. 

We didn't get much to eat from Ivars since it's kind of expensive. So we found a McDonalds and ate a little bit more. Then we said good bye to Dad and Nolan and went to Target to get some warmer pants and pacifiers for Brynn. I had planned to pack some pants for Brynn, but they never made it to the bag. Oops! I love the pants I got for her though so it works out. It was a tiring day, but fun. We are loving our trip!

2 comments:

KW said...

Looks like such a fun trip! Trips with kids aren't vacations though they are strictly just a trip! HA!

Gary said...

It was a lot of fun! Like! :)