Jared let me sleep in and then let me take a shower. I was getting ready and he decided to pick up Ryan from school and took all the kids with him and did some shopping while I got the house to myself all quiet. It was so nice! I think Jared should take a half day off work for my birthday every year. :)
After Jared got back he went to work and I took the kids to a play date with my friends Ashlee, Kristin, Ali, and Julie Anne. It was an absolute beautiful day. I don't know if the day could have been any better. The weather was absolutely perfect. Not too hot and not too cold. The kids had so much fun playing at the park with their friends, and I had so much fun hanging out with girls I love.
Landon, Brynn, and Hank
Brynn loves being outside. It's going to be a fun summer!
Ryan found a leaf and ran up to me and said "This leaf is shaped like a heart and I am giving it to you because it's your birthday and I love you." Then he gave me a kiss and a hug! My favorite present of the day! I keep forgetting to take a picture of the leaf, but if I'll do hopefully I can remember to come back and add it. :)
When Jared got home from work, we went up to the reservoir for dinner. Birthday dinners are usually going out to a nice restaurant, but I didn't really want to spend any money and I wanted to make some special memories. I've been wanting to do a hike with the boys for a couple months and since my birthday was such a perfect day, I decided that we should do our hike that evening. We got Subway sandwiches and had a picnic before starting our hike.
We went on the Escalante Cross hike. It's about an hour and a half to go up and down. I would've like to take longer, but we were racing against the sun setting. The boys did great with the pace we set. I can't wait to do more hikes.

Brynn got to ride on my back.
My kids behind me. :)
I am not sure how much Brynn liked the hike. There were times when she was really happy and times when she certainly wasn't. Here is a video of us hiking and you can hear her humming.
At the highest point of the hike. I love this little family of mine!!
We made it!!
I love this man!
Here is a video of the view that Jared took.
On our way back.
When we got home we had cake and ice cream. This is the cake that Jared and the kids got for me. Lots and lots of chocolate!!! They must love me a whole lot!
Here is a video of them singing happy birthday to me. :)
Trying to keep the boys from blowing out my candles!!
Poor Brynn got a little sunburned at the park today. :(
Trees don't make good protection I guess.
Jared is getting me some photography lessons and photo editing lessons. I'm so excited! He also got me this apron. :) It's not really me, at all, but I totally appreciate him remembering that I wanted one. I just wish he remembered the "from Kneader's" part. :) But these are the best presents he's given me in awhile. He has been trying so hard to be thoughtful and it's made me feel so loved!
Well that's my birthday! I just love my family so much and it was wonderful to make such good memories. Life really does just keep getting better. :)















4 comments:
Happy birthday! It sound like it was such a lovely day. Your pictures of the hike are gorgeous! That's something I really miss about Utah.
Happy Birthday Shirley! Yay for birthday fun and cute kids. I love you protecting your birthday candles. :) I am glad it was a good day spent with good people.
This looks like it was such a fun birthday! What a GREAT DAY! I love the picture of you with Brynn on your back and your big ol browns a-shining! We can hike around up here when you come.
Happy birthday!
Haha, this post cracked me up, from you holding Ryan's head so he couldn't blow out the candles to you saying the apron isn't me, I wish he would have remembered the "from Kneaders" part. Classic!
Post a Comment