I just found out the news that the woman who helped us in the hospital with Annie by taking the molds of her hands and feet, taking her prints, and taking the beautiful pictures to remember her by, lost her one year old daughter today. Heather's first child died of the same disease and it was only a few months ago they found out their youngest daughter had the same thing.
So many people tell those with loss "You are so strong!" It seems that way, doesn't it? But we are not strong. It is the Lord, Jesus Christ, who carries us, who gives us perspective, who comforts the pain and the sorrow. I am so grateful for the gospel and the atonement. Life will happen. Our path will be different than our parents', our children's. And learning how to trust Heavenly Father is one of the blessings that comes from this awful trial.
You can read about Tatum's story on this blog Heather kept HERE. It is beautifully written. I can't keep the tears back when I read it. You can tell Heather has been through this before and how much she loves sweet Tatum and the respect she has for her plan here on earth. She completely trusts Heavenly Father. And that makes her seem so strong, but she isn't. It still hurts and it so painful. But that is why the atonement is such a remarkable thing.
The hardest part in my journey through the grief was learning to trust Heavenly Father. That is why I grew so much in my testimony. I had such a hard time with faith and how it even works. Then through my bishop it finally clicked. Did I have faith in Jesus Christ? Did I trust him? If I did, everything else would fall into place. And after reading so many books about the premortal life and beyond the veil, I have a new perspective about our life here on earth. This helped me fully lean on him to shoulder the pain of this trial of losing Annie. And I am so grateful for that.
My heart hurts so badly for Heather and her family. Even though you don't know this family, please add them to your prayers that the peace they know of can help soften the pain. And remember, those who seem so "strong" still need love, prayers, and support. Thank goodness we don't have to go through this life alone.
1 comment:
Aw! That breaks my heart to hear that! Heather is such a sweet lady! My thoughts and prayers are with them.
Post a Comment