Can you believe it?! We're having a girl!
Yes, I would have been just as happy with a boy, but after losing Annie, being pregnant with another precious girl is amazing. I feel so blessed.
And one funny note before we move on... the picture above isn't actually Baby Girl. She wouldn't give us a cute profile, and I knew exactly how I wanted to announce having a girl. After a few failed attempts I decided I would just Google a cute profile ultrasound pic. So this baby above is who knows who. And it could even be a boy! haha But isn't the bow so cute!? I can't wait to dress up my girl in bows!
Here is my baby bump at 20 weeks. It's definitely filling up more of my tummy than out. I can barely slump when I am sitting like usual.
Here are the girl parts shots. She was being VERY difficult, but as you can see it's definitely not a boy!
After our appointment we went shopping for her coming home outfit. We did that with Ryan. And maybe with Brady. I honestly can't remember. It was so fun to be looking at girl clothes! It feels unreal. I got teary-eyed so many times. When I saw this cute outfit, I knew it was the one. We're not just having a baby girl, we're having a little sister! Ryan is at such a sweet age with baby's right now and this little girl is so lucky to have him as her brother. I can't believe I get to dress up my baby like this! Ah!
We love her so much and can't wait to meet
her! Oh and we are trying to figure out names. It's so difficult! I
don't know how to name a baby you haven't met yet. It's hard! So we are
going to try and decide on a few different ones that mean different
things like Sassy, Sweet, etc. So far the only thing I have on my list
is Caitlyn. But would she go by Cate? Or Catie? Or would she have to
change it to a K? That's one of my hang ups.
Here are the rest of the ultrasound pictures. She wasn't cooperative and was in a ball most of the time. So it took the tech awhile to get everything. But he said everything looked good so hopefully things continue to stay that way. She is measuring a little small, just by a few days, so I am expecting this time to go over my due date and hopefully she will stay small and not be over 9 pounds like Brady.
Here is her profile. Her face is smashed up into my uterus. We saw her swallowing in this shot. :)
Foot
Hand all curled up.
Other hand pointing up.
Arm
Another profile shot.
Nose and lip. Her arms are covering most of her face.
Other foot.
Alien face shot.
Spine
Another hand picture.
I can't believe I am pregnant with a girl. And I can't believe I have over four more months of being pregnant. And it's all during the summer. I was thinking today about Ryan's preschool teacher and what our family would look like when he went back to school in the fall. And I realized that I would still be pregnant. It is even more crazy when I think of it like that! But don't worry, on my list is lots of maxi dresses and I've already got a maternity swimsuit, because I have to do anything to stay cool!
Another thing I should probably record is that I fainted at church on Sunday. It was Mother's Day. I have never fainted before and I completely blame it on pregnancy. Also that I hadn't eaten in four hours, which isn't terrible, but it was also really hot that day.
I was sitting in sacrament meeting and I started not feeling well. It came on really quick. I thought that maybe I should go home and I figured that was stupid and me just trying to get out of church, but all the women were going to Relief Society and the men were taking all the other classes. Why would I go home my one chance to go to Relief Society?
I continued to not feel well and Jared was with Ryan in the bathroom. As soon as they got back I decided I better go in the foyer and lay on the couch. The couch was taken up so I sat on the end. I don't think it was good enough because I got nauseous and thought maybe I should go lay on the bathroom floor in case I throw up.
I went to the bathroom, it's one of the ones that has one toilet so the door locks, and it was locked. I sighed, leaned my head up against the door and that's the last thing I remember.
It felt like I had had a full night's sleep and I was waking up from a dream. I could hear people around me talking about what had happened, if anyone knew who my husband was (our ward was in sacrament so this was another ward), they called 911, etc. They got the couch cushions and were elevating my legs in a short dress. I woke up and tried to pull my dress down and they said, don't worry, and a woman put her sweater over my legs. It was amazing how nice people were to come to my rescue.
They asked if I had any conditions and that's when Jared showed up and said I was pregnant. Everyone asked if this was my first. I said it was my fourth and weirdly my first time fainting. By this time sacrament got out and the bishop came out and assisted in giving me a blessing with Jared. Jared said I really freaked him out.
One of the men that helped seemed to know a lot of all this stuff so we assumed he was a doctor or something. Funny we never asked. But he suggested we go to the ER and get checked out so we wouldn't get hit with a big ambulance bill. We agreed! So we left and they said when the ambulance got there, they would just explain I felt better and went to get checked out.
I hit my head when I was falling. I think on the door frame. I had a big bump after an hour. Later that night I had a lot of pain in my shoulder so I must have hit there too. It still hurts four days later. We went to the instacare and they said I should go to the ER since I hit my head and I was pregnant. Hmph. I really really really didn't want to go to the ER, we are trying so hard to save up so we can pay this baby off when she is born. This was going to make a huge dent in that plan. But just in case, we headed to the ER.
Luckily it wasn't too busy and we got right in. I got fluids, they took my blood, I ate crackers and apple juice, everything came back normal and they discharged me. They didn't even check the baby, which I thought was weird, but I was okay with. I didn't want a $150 bill for using the doppler. I could feel her moving and if everything else was normal, she was fine too. The doctor seemed really unconcerned and that made us feel better. He said that he didn't think we needed to do any tests on my head, but would if we wanted to, but I agreed. I hope this trip doesn't cost us an arm and a leg!
Anyway, I did some research and I am going to make sure I eat every two hours. Yogurt, cheese, protein, and drink lots of water to keep me really hydrated. Hopefully I never ever get close to fainting again. That would make this a very eventful pregnancy.
Someone mentioned that this baby girl's first mother's day put me in the hospital and it's the first of many things to come. That made me laugh. I am so excited to have a girl! AH! I hope I can be a good mommy to her, especially since I am not used to doing hair or layering clothes or anything girly. Maybe she'll just be well rounded. :)
If you have any name suggestions, feel free to leave some ideas. I don't like names that are really popular or that are old names. (I LOVE these names, just doesn't feel right for my little girl). I want something that is very feminine yet there is strength with it and a sweetness to it. We'll see if we find it or if we spend all our time looking and it won't even fit her. haha.
Anyway, I've rambled on long enough. And Jared is dying to use his computer. But a girl! Yay! A healthy baby girl!!!

















7 comments:
This girl of yours is going to have so many bows! I remember seeing all your tutorials.
I have passed out so many times during pregnancy but mine have all been while throwing up. It still freaks jake out so bad even though he is a nurse and is used to things like that.
I am glad things are going well and I can't wait to hear the name you choose! Naming is such a hard process.
I'm so excited for you! A girl! Girls are so fun, but very emotional right from the start. :) I'm glad you are doing well after your ER visit and I'm glad baby is doing well too! I think about you a lot and I love reading your updates!
Yay! I love the name but I'm pretty biased! Haha! We decided on Kaitlyn and Madilyn and we would call them Kati and Madi so they were kinda matchy for twins.
I was a nervous wreck on Sunday cause I had no idea what happened but I noticed your husband and you not there and other people sitting with your kids. So glad everything turned out ok!
Make sure you get lots of rest and keep eating good! And if you need a break, send the boys over to play!
So excited for your sweet baby girl!
I am so excited to meet your sweet little girl. So much fun to see the little pictures of her. She is so lucky to have you for a Mommy!! I am so glad that everything turned out ok after you fainted. I can't even imagine how scary that would have been. And I love the name Caitlyn. So so happy for you Shirley!!
What fabulous news! I love that it's a girl! That's terrible about the fainting. Oh man, what an eventful mothers day. Names are hard, I have no advice! I think they come with names a lot of the time, still hard to figure it out though!
Okay yah, eating and drinking are going to be pivotal this summer! :) I feel like I have already had so many time of feeling faint and dizzy...eek! The heat is going to kill us! haha I love Caitlyn, but prefer catelyn. Just because it easily shortens to Cate with the same spelling. ;) I totally want to still your little picture if ours is a girl, that is ADORABLE!
Puh wow you have a GIRL baby!!! I am sure you are very happy. She will be born and good health I hope.
I can't wait to meet her. She will be my first granddaughter...oh wait she will be my second granddaughter. Annie was my first granddaughter. Annie is sweet angel :-)
I am happy you are ok now. Don't forget to drink a lot during summer time. I love you very much.
Love Mom
Post a Comment