Friday, February 15, 2013

Grandma Lisa's 54th Birthday

Grandma Lisa turned 54 this year. I actually don't think that sounds very old! Maybe that's because Jared has siblings who are pretty close to her in age. :)

Mom went to visit Nancy in Washington for her birthday. She had a blast! She loved it so much, and I think she knows how at home Nancy is in Washington. I'm sure as a mom it's wonderful to see how well your children are doing. Nancy spoiled her like crazy so I knew we had to throw a heck of a party when she got back. :)

We had dinner here at my house and invited Steven and Natalie. Grandma Richards was supposed to come, but she was confused on the day. Oops!

We made Hawaiian Haystacks, which is one of Mom's favorites. And who doesn't like Hawaiian Haystacks?? No one raise your hand. :)


Only Mom takes a self portrait when there are four other adults right next to her to take a picture of her. :) She always cracks me up! She is beautiful too!

Happy Birthday Mom/Grandma Lisa!

Ryan got a hold of the camera and took tons of pictures! These are only a few of the many!

Brady is usually the only one looking. :)

The shirts were from us. That happy smile means I'm the best daughter ever. :)

Steven's present.

Mom loves those cookies! She always hid them when we were growing up.
Only uncles let their nephews bite their fingers!

The first thing Mom did when she saw her cake was say, "How come you didn't write Happy Birthday on it?" LOL Honestly, didn't even cross my mind. I thought the 5 and 4 was cute! :)

Signing "Happy Birthday to You!"

Of course the kids got to blow out the candles too. Here is a video of that amazingness.



Playing Mouse Trap with Grandma. These boys love their grandma!
Happy Birthday Mom/Grandma! I hope it was wonderful and this year treats you with lots and lots of happiness! We love you!

4 comments:

Paul + Emily said...

Aww..you have such a cute Mom!!! Looks like she had an amazing party!!! The little video of Brady helping her blow out the candles is absolutely adorable!!! :) Happy Birthday to your MOmmy!!

Nancy said...

Whoa whoa whoa hold up I think that smile meant you were her SECOND best daughter ever, after ME, of course!

;)

Or at least she loves us both the most!!

Looks so fun! Glad you guys had a good time!

I love how Ryan takes pictures and Brady is the only one looking.

I love how your house is. It looks like it has gone from a house to a HOME. I love the white shelves by the TV - those are new. I know the picture and candles above the TV aren't new but I love them still.

Lisa said...

Shirley

I had great time and I love the family!!!

Funny you showed me the cake and first thing I saw the cake like "blank" without words. I asked you did you write "Happy Birthday"? I laughed and good idea to leave it alone...just 54. I love it. It made me laugh.

Now I am 54. I feel like I am old lady hahahah but my spirit still is young smile.

Thank you for everything.

Lisa said...

Ryan LOVES his best uncle Steven!!!