I am 6 weeks and 1 day today.
As this is not a normal pregnancy, I have tons of things to go through and often I just want to tell everyone about it! So I will probably update pretty often on the pregnancy on the blog.
Yesterday I started feeling a little nauseous, the same nausea that I had with Annie. Although, I can't remember how it started out with the boys. Right now, if I keep eating small amounts, it seems to take care of it. That's a girl pregnancy for me. I'm hopeful. :)
Today I had my intake appointment. When the lady came to get me, she said, you weren't in here very long ago... did something happen? I told her yes, that we delivered at 18 weeks in November. They actually listed that I have had three babies, not just two. That made me feel good. It means that her life matters to them.
Next the lady that explains billing came in. She explained how it all works and our estimated total at the end after deductible and insurance. Then I asked her about how the rebilling was going for Annie's birth. She said, "Oh I hope you're not one of those people..." I had no idea what she meant by then. Then she said, "Oh, you are." Then closed her eyes and bowed her head. I was a little nervous and asked, "What does that mean?" She said, "Your doctor is insisting to charge the full amount and by law she can do that. All the other doctors in the practice do not charge for a full delivery before 21 weeks; she is the only one. And there were two other women that month who are dealing with this. And since by law she can do that, there is nothing we can do."
I was expecting to pay for delivery, but not the full amount of care. So I asked if they did like an ala carte. She said they did, but it wouldn't change the cost very much. It might save us $100. I am okay with that. I kind of just want to get it paid off so I can close that part of Annie's loss. I am very disappointed by that doctor though. I almost feel like it's a pride thing.
I am SO glad that she is leaving the practice (and I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of the many reasons of her leaving), and I am glad I felt comfortable switching to Dr. Skinner before I found this out. It really disgusts me that she would be so difficult about it. I feel finding out her leaving was a blessing to me, and I am very excited to see Dr. Skinner next week.
After talking with them I had to get my blood drawn and do a urine test. I waited for them to come and tell me if it was positive and I could go. In that moment I felt my heart about to sink. "What if they come back and say that it's negative now?" But she came out and very kindly told me it was positive. I don't know if she knew my history, but I am sure she could see the relief on my face.
I've made it to 6 weeks. I'm starting to get nausea and soon I see my doctor and see if there is a heartbeat and ask him all my questions and the precautions we are going to take.
It's such a journey. Every day is a challenge and a success. I cherish every day I am pregnant. 34 weeks to go!
4 comments:
That makes me so sad about that doctor! I can't believe someone would do that. I'm excited to read all about the adventures with this pregnancy!
Let's focus on the positive: You can do this! Enjoy your time and be safe and happy and healthy. I will pray for you!
Congrats!!!
I hope the baby will be girl. You will be happy....
Two boys love to have a sister :)
Take care of yourself and enjoy your life.
I love you
You're great Shirley! Happy for you!
Post a Comment