Wednesday, February 13, 2013

7 Weeks

I hit the 7 week mark yesterday and interestingly enough, this week bring a whole new set of emotions.

The anxiousness I have felt has grown, but in a positive way. I can't explain it. I know I have no control, but I will do my best, so there is peace. But going through this all over again just brings out those feelings of what is going to be different?

I met with Dr. Skinner today and it was great. He answered all my questions and he said that without saying definitively that my water broke, all evidence points towards it. It's good to know I've got the doctors behind me. Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent this from happening again. My risk is higher since it's happened once, but nothing I do would lead to it or prevent it. That's hard to hear.

The plan for the pregnancy is to take it a day at a time. I can come in as often as I'd like, but he doesn't recommend more visits. They will only be for my peace of mind. He understands if I want to come in more from 14-20 weeks. It's all in the Lord's hands. I trust Him to do what's best, but it's hard to not know what that might be.

After we talked for awhile, we went into the ultrasound room to see the baby. We were able to do a regular ultrasound which was great. And since I was just in there for a physical in September, we didn't have to do any of that.

We saw the baby with a heartbeat! When I saw the little flicker on the screen, I started crying. It's amazing what a miracle life is. The doctor turned the sound on and we were able to hear the heartbeat too. Such a beautiful sound!

The measurements were a little smaller that my dates, but I don't care about that. I go back in at 10 weeks for another ultrasound and I think we will check the measurements then too.

Here are the blob pictures of the new baby. :)


My emotions are so tender right now. I miss my baby girl. I wish I did more to try and save her, but I know the possibility of her surviving would have been really low. I promise this new baby to be more proactive and call over anything. I will not talk myself out of things like I did with Annie. This is going to be a really long 8 months, but it will be worth it in the end. Keep the prayers coming!

Oh and symptoms - Nausea just like with Annie. Hopefully I can stay off of Zofran and use over the counter methods. I'm feeling like I can do that. I get really crampy when I wear jeans. I have a feeling my uterus is going to grow way faster than the baby. And that's really it. I wonder if I am going to be blessed with an easier pregnancy because of all I've been through. I'm hoping!

4 comments:

The Nat Nat said...

I wish you the best of luck and peace of mind! I know how scared you must be and I hope that you find some peace.

Kimmie said...

Hooray!!! I am so happy to hear things are going well.

Paul + Emily said...

Oh Shirley.. I am so happy to hear that all is going well and that you were able to hear your sweet baby's heartbeat. That is always a huge sense of relief. You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I am so excited to meet this sweet beautiful little baby of yours!! :)

Missy said...

Aw what a blessing! You and that growing little bean are in my constant thoughts and prayers! And the boys are welcome to come play anytime! Brady had a blast after the initial heartbreak wore off. ;)