Friday, August 3, 2012
Ryan's Sayings
Back in December we made gingerbread houses with frosting and graham crackers. We haven't mentioned it since. Now it is the middle of March and I am showing Ryan how to make frosting and graham cracker sandwiches. He is frosting his when he says, "Mom! I want to make gingerbread houses!" What? Man, he has such a crazy good memory!
Thanks to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, exercise is called "Mousekercise". (I have no idea how to spell that! lol) Example: "Mo-om! I'm mousekercising!" After I finished my work-out he will say something about it. Today it was "Mom, are you going to mousekercise again?"
Ryan used his pacifiers to buy a new bike for his birthday. He was very sad about this the first night he went to bed without them. He used to have his "Scout" stuffed animal sleep with him, but hasn't in a very long time. To comfort him I asked him if he wanted Scout to sleep with him. He did. The next night he had Scout lay next to him and made sure he was warm with covers over him. Every time the covers would slip off, he would put them back on. Jared then said, "Wow, Scout, you're so lucky to have a nice boy to look after you." Then Ryan said, "I will always look after you, Scout." Aw.
Ryan was doing something naughty and after the fourth time of telling him to stop, I yelled at him. He did his little scream and then put his elbows on the table, looked straight at me, and said, "LOOK AT MY FACE!" I busted up laughing. That is what I say when we are "arguing" and I am trying to get his attention. Little copycat.
Ryan was playing in a fountain that Grandma Lisa brought and he said, "I don't think I can handle that."
Ryan likes to sing the song that Steven had us dance to for the flash mob when he asked Natalie to marry him. I always sing "I think I am in love with you!" The song is "I Think I want to marry you" by Bruno Mars. So I sang this line again and again today. At the end of the day Ryan said, "Mom, I think it's I think I want to Marry you." Oh my heck! You're right son!
I gave Ryan his lunch and he sat up to the table and said "WOW! You made this all by yourself?!" And then he applauded me.
When we were at Dennis and Cheryls, Cheryl kept asking Ryan "What does your shirt say? " He kept saying "Nothing." After the fourth time he said adamantly "It doesn't say anything! Shirts don't talk!" :)
Since I have been in Young Women, I go to mutual every week. Ryan always asks if he can come. i told him it's just for girls not boys and he can't come. One day he said, "Does young women's turn everyone into girls?" It made me giggle.
Ryan got a lot of clothes for his birthday, which he didn't love. I had thought I could buy a tennis racket at Walmart when I saw it online, but it was only available online. We didn't get it in time for his birthday. A week and a half later we went to pick it up at Walmart. We were at the counter and I told him he was getting another present. I said, "What do you think it is??" He looked at me with a sweet disappointed face, eyebrows up, wondering if he got the answer right, "Another shirt?" I was so happy to tell him no and that he was getting a tennis racket! "Woo hoo!" was his reply. :)
Ryan likes to know where we are going next. If we turn a certain way, he'll ask "Are we going to ____?" The place I told him we were going to. It's really cute. Most of the time. :) Well today he asked where we were going next and I said, "We are going to Target, you know, your favorite store!" He said, "No, Target's not my favorite store! The Grocery store is my favorite store. Let's go there!" haha
We went to Baby Gap searching for Easter clothes. As we were walking out we walked next to a woman and her little 18-month-old little girl. Ryan walked up to her and gave her a big, sweet hug. He has NEVER done this before! The lady of course thought it was the most adorable thing ever and I had to explain that my son loves baby girls. He is so sweet with them. Then I said I wished he was as sweet to his baby brother! Then Ryan introduced his "Baby Brady" to the lady. As we were walking away I said, "He wishes he had a little sister." Then Ryan said, "Mom, I want a baby girl!" (in the tone of voice that says, instead of my baby brother!) I so hope we can give him a baby sister someday. :)
I was watching A Baby Story on TLC and there was a water birth. Ryan said, "Mom is she getting bathtized? I don't want to be bathtized." :) Bath-tized... makes sense!
Going through our cookie cutters for Easter and he saw the bunny rabbit, then lastly the carrot. I said, "Bunny rabbits eat carrots." 20 seconds later Ryan said, "We eat carrots too!"
I told Ryan that if he cleaned up his toys that I would buy him a shake. He said, "You clean up my toys and buy me a shake." I said, "haha no... you only get a shake if you clean up." Then after a little bit he said, "Mom I clean up and you clean up and we get TWO shakes!" Can't argue with that!
Ryan was with Brady and yelled to me, "Brady is sharing with me! He isn't taking my toys!" Apparently sharing is not taking toys, not giving them to others. Never thought of it that way!
We use Pig Latin a lot, I blame Jared, he's the nerd, not me. :) So in pig latin you say the last part of the word and then put the first letter with ay. Bed = ed-bay. Car = ar-cay, So Ryan's name is Yan-Ray (eye-an ray). I call him that a lot. Tonight Jared called him Yan-Ray and Ryan said "I am not a creature in an aquarium!" We thought about it for a second and then started laughing. Stinking smart boy. He loves the Rays in the water that you can pet, so when he hears Yan-Ray he thought of those. And yes, Ryan, you are not a creature in an aquarium. :)
"What is this?" holding up a candy egg. I said, "It's an egg." Ryan said, "No, it's just shaped like an egg." I said, "Just try it." He popped it in his mouth, got a smile, and said, "It's just Easter!"
"Mom, watch this!" "WOW, that was really cool!"... "Mom, say 'Do it again!'" :)
Ryan hates being called a baby or thought of as a baby. We aren't allowed to call Babysitting, babysitting. He gets very upset at the thought of being "baby"sat. So we call it Kid-sitting. :) He saw my mom's family picture in her living room and asked who the baby was. I told him it was Baby Ryan! He didn't like that. He asked Grandma to take the picture down and put a picture up of Big Boy Ryan. Such a big boy. :)
Ryan has started saying "Oh NUTS!" It's so funny!
After Ryan slipped into the lake, we thought our trip was ruined. But when we got home he said, "That was a GREAT trip!"
"Ooh look a rock!! Ew... it's just a banana."- On the floor next to Brady's high chair.
"What kind of pizza do you want?" "A Polkadot Pizza!"
I always say, "I just need to work for a little bit." So he tells me that "I just need to work for a little bit and get on my pajamas!"
Ryan loves to say Someday and always. It makes me smile when he says, "I always do this someday."
"Bread is good for chewing and it gets stuck, but then your tongue can find it! See!"
No matter how many times I correct him, an Oreo is called a "Cheerio."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my goodness I laughed out loud at some of those!
These are all so funny, your so good to get them all written down, I want to write stuff like this down also, but by the time I get to where I can write it down, I forget ha ha. And I added you on my blog, I hope it worked, I am sad I had to go private, I really didn't want too, but oh well I get creeped out at that though thoughts of creepy people checking my blog and coming after me while ben is deployed ha ha I know I stress to much :)
Post a Comment