Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Brady's 1st Birthday


HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRADY!!

My baby turned 1. I can hardly believe it. Wasn't it just yesterday he came into this world. This dark haired 9 pound 7 ounce baby with the cutest pouty lips you ever did see? Brady, you are so loved. By Mommy, Daddy, and big brother Ryan. You are always first on our minds... Ryan often asks where you are when you are napping. :) I can't wait until you're best buds, you two. I absolutely adore your big brown eyes. Who knew I loved brown eyes so much until you showed off how beautiful they can be. Everyone always comments on how big and beautiful they are. 

You have always been such an easy baby, rarely fussing, but definitely a Mama's boy, I think we may be in trouble during your toddler years. :) You are already showing your independence and your ability to want what you want. You've learned that if you don't want big brother bothering you, you just cry and look at Mom or Dad to come and "save" you. It took a little while, and many time outs for Ryan, for us to catch on... but you definitely have us wrapped around your cutie patootie finger.

You are such a ham. You make the cutest faces, specifically one where you scrunch up your nose and close your eyes a little and breathe in and out. You love to make people laugh. If everyone in a room is laughing, you join along. This personality trait makes church that much easier for us. You let others entertain you. You love to sing and have the cutest little voice. 

You have such a fun mind! I love to watch you figuring out things, and you love a challenge! You are content to play on your own, especially in toys that are meant for kids older than you. You love to go outside. Any time someone goes out the back door without you, you burst into a huge tantrum. How dare they go out without you? You could live outside if it were up to you. You love animals and get the biggest giggles when a doggie comes up and licks you. You are also so stinking ticklish! You won't even let me put shoes on your foot because it tickles so much. 

You are a great eater. You eat whatever we eat and you're starting to hate baby cereal. You will eat anything, but only once, maybe twice. If I try to give you leftovers three times in a row, you better believe it's going to end up on the floor with a cranky baby (toddler) that is starving. You are drinking milk from a bottle now and are doing great. You can drink from a sippy cup, but Mommy wants you to gain weight so she wants you to drink as much whole milk as possible. Sometimes you can even drink from a regular cup. You LOVE this! Unfortunately, half the time the water runs past your chin all over you. :)

You know how to say Ma, Daddy, Cheese, and More. You can also sign Mom and More. Mommy needs to be better about signing with you. You love to read and love looking through books. You're pretty gentle with books, so much so that Mommy almost lets you play with paper books, but doesn't just in case. You love to turn the pages yourself. You'll sit so still on our laps to read, only getting grumpy if we stay on a page too long. 

You're sleeping all night now. It's wonderful, thank you. You love your minky blanket that Aunt Cynthia gave you. You rub your face in it and suck on it until you fall asleep. In the mornings when Mommy finds you still sleeping, your blanket is stuffed into a ball under your stomach, you on your knees and arms tucked underneath your chest. You don't need a sleepsack to sleep with like Ryan did. You are one sweaty baby. You are happy with just a blanket and pajamas. You sleep better this way. 

I am so glad that I get to be your Mommy. I am completely blessed. I love to see you grow and learn. I am so excited to see what life has in store for you. I promise that you will always be loved and that home will be a place where you can be yourself. Dad and I will try our hardest to teach you everything you need to know to live a happy life. I am so glad that you're still going to be little awhile longer. That's one of the things I love about your crawling just before your 1st birthday, even though you're considered a toddler, I still think of you as my baby. We love you so much! 

Happy Birthday Baby!


I am still in shock that Brady is a toddler now. But until we have another baby, he is the baby and no one can change that.

On Brady's birthday we didn't do much. We were planning on celebrating his birthday with a party the next day so we kept it pretty simple. The pictures above are from his breakfast on his birthday. I made him eggs... which is a big deal... we only make those on the weekends. :) Here is a video of him on his birthday morning.


That night for dinner we went to Golden Corral. Buffet places are awesome for kids! We all ate to our hearts content. Grandma Lisa came with us. Everyone around us was loving Brady and thought he was so cute. He loved to make eye contact with other people sitting next to us, smiling regardless if they made eye contact back or not. He made friends with one couple. They asked how old he was and said he was just "too cute!"

Since Grandma Lisa was with us, we have a ton of pictures. I'm just going to put them all up in no particular order. As I looked through these, I can see that I have such a fun family! Brady adds so much and really, our love is multiplied.


We gave Brady some ice cream and he loved it! Here is a video of him eating it and me trying to get him to say/sign "more". 


Squishy Face!
Grandpa came to visit and say Happy Birthday to Brady. We love Grandpa!

I think Brady had a great day! He was all smiles. The next post is his birthday party! I haven't even looked at those pictures yet, but I am super excited to go through them. And all the videos! And then maybe, just maybe, I'll be done blogging about April. Just May, June, July and half of August to go through. Piece of cake. :)

4 comments:

Emily :) said...

HE IS SO ADORABLE!!! He has the most perfect smile in the world!! What a sweetheart! Can't believe how fast time flies! So glad he had such a fun birthday! :) And you are totally motivating me to catch up on my blog :)

Jefra said...

What a sweetheart he is! I still can't believe that he is a toddler. I love his big brown eyes too! I wish we could have got together when we were in Utah, but we got busy with things. I think you may have been out of town during that time anyway. One day I'll get to meet Brady in person!

Ben and Cjirsten said...

He is so cute! I am with you. . .Tyson will be 18 months this month. . .and not matter what anyone says. . .he IS MY BABY! Ugh why do they have to grow up. . .it is so bitter sweet!. And you are way to nice with the comments on my blog. . .but thank you, it does actually mean A LOT to think someone things I look half decent ha ha. Your family is also so super cute, and that would be so fun to go to Disneyland with guys! we LOVE it to say the least :)

Nancy said...

Everyone loves Brady- how could you not? What a sweet little guy with the biggest, best brown eyes in town. Happy birthday Brady!

I love the pictures from the buffet. "Grandma Lisa was with us so OF COURSE we have lots of great pictures!" That is so true- Mom always makes sure to capture lots of great pictures.

Wish i could be there- looks like it was so much fun!