The first thing I did was clean our room! Doesn't that sound like more fun that you've had in awhile? :) Well it hadn't been cleaned since we sort of moved my office into our room. We had an ironing board in front of our dresser for a couple months. That's how bad it was... and since Jared would be spending all of his time in our room, I thought it would be really nice if I cleaned it. And with Grandma watching the boys, I did it! I never took a picture and it's definitely not clean right now so just imagine it. :)
Then I went to pick up Jared from the hospital. He came home and found his spot on the bed. Then I finished making some presents for Brady.
Then the time came for yummy Christmas Eve dinner! I asked my mom to bring left over turkey from her house. We were going to have turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and corn. Yum! Since I was busy finishing up Brady's present, I asked my mom to make dinner. Well, Grandma thought that she would use the turkey to make this Turkey and Rice dinner and totally didn't understand what I was going for. While the Turkey and Rice was sitting there, she boiled some potatoes and then smushed the potatoes and poured gravy on them. To top it off, the stuffing I had was about three years expired. This is what our Christmas dinner looked like. :)
We waited until Uncle Steven got here to start the festivities. Grandma Lisa and Uncle Steven stayed at our house for Christmas and it was so much fun to have them!
Grandma loved how her new pajamas matched her Christmas shirt. Doesn't she look so cute!!
Somebody wasn't very happy about staying up for the Christmas festivities. :)
Brady got to go to bed early.
Brady got to go to bed early.
We played stick the nose on the reindeer!
Ryan was amazing and totally got it! Well, he did peek! :)
Ryan was amazing and totally got it! Well, he did peek! :)
We also made cookies for Santa! Can I say we made them when all we did was break them apart and put them on the cookie sheet? :)
Then we had yummy hot chocolate with our cookies and pumpkin pie!
Then we wrote a note to Santa leaving him cookies and milk.
Uncle Steven drank the milk and ate the cookies.
While we wrapped presents we watched A Christmas Carol with Jim Carey. It was a fun movie to watch and we finished wrapping right before the movie was over. We went to bed around 2:30 AM.
I love how the tree looks when everything is under the tree and the stockings are stuffed. This was the first year we used stockings and I stuffed them myself. I think I overdid it! Next year I'll limit my dollar store toys. :)
5 comments:
That's funny that you cleaned your room. Ryan cleaned and organized our room on Christmas Eve too! That stinks that Jared had to have his surgery right before Christmas, but that's good that his back will be able to feel better.
I like your tradition of giving a present to Jesus and then reading it the next year. I think we'll have to do something like that next year. We tried to emphasize to Cannon how it's all about Jesus' birth. We did really well at the beginning of the month, but it started to slip towards the end. He does know the nativity story and he is obsessed with shepherds, so that's a start.
And I love your way to hang the stockings. We don't have a fireplace either and I you came up with a creative way. Cannon doesn't even have his own Christmas stocking yet and I think this was the last year that I could get away with that.
Can't wait read your post about Christmas!
What a fun day! This was fun to read :) You're awesome Shirley.
Thank you for inviting me to stay with you on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I really appreciate it. I had good time and I love it.
Yes I misunderstand what you and I talked about dinner. Bad Miscommunication!!! hahahaha I am happy we went along and accepted. No problem.
I had good time with Ryan and Brady. It was fun.
This looks so wonderful! We do the same "Gift to Jesus" tradition, its fun. So the picture of you. . .dang girl you look so good!! You have lost weight haven't you! You look very cute and skinny! I loved the picture of your mom in her P.J's it was so cute!
The video is about stick the nose on the reindeer...the Red is covering...it is perfect color...it is Christmas Red. Cool! Funny!!!
Post a Comment