Today for lunch we had left overs. Spaghetti and peas and carrots.
He had been eating his peach and most of his food was gone when all of a sudden he started screaming!!! I rushed over and he was pointing at his nose. I took a quick look and didn't see anything. I took him over to the sink to clean him up and was telling him about how he shouldn't pick his nose because then he'll get a scratch and he'll eat a peach and it will sting.
He just kept being so irritated, so I told him to look up at the ceiling. I bent down to take a look...
and there was a pea up his nose!!!
I had a moment of panic and visioned us rushing to the ER to surgically remove this pea.
After 10 seconds I realized, that was silly. Breathe. lol I closed his one nostril and told him to blow. He sucked in, and I am sure lodged it further up. haha But then he blew and it popped out in my hand!
When he tells the story, he ends it with "Mommy put pea in the trash!" He thought it was scary/exciting, this whole thing.
Well, I should have known something like this would happen when we ate spaghetti and peas and carrots last night.
This is what Ryan did:
5 comments:
I put my lost tooth up my nose when I was a kid (so stupid, I know) but I remember being sooooooo scared. We just blew like you had Ryan do and it came right out. lol
Oh, the joys of parenthood. :) Good thing your a smart mommy!
LOL
LOL He is so cute and innocent boy.
I think he is curious to put objects into his nose and his ears LOL
Dad drove home (CA) from Utah...you, Steven, Nancy and I played with the carrots and grapes on our noses, eyes and ears. That was fun. Remember that?
Anyway, Ryan is not only one. Many children do the same thing.
Read this:
http://www.chp.edu/CHP/P02035
ha ha oh the things kids do, and how we let them scare us, even if its just for a moment, all us moms that didn't have to blow the pea out can laugh at this story
Post a Comment