Okay, maybe our lives aren't over, but the nice sleeping in while Ryan talks/whines for about 30 minutes in the morning is gone!!! How we will ever adjust?? :)
This morning we were lying in bed after a long night. Ryan has a cough and woke up in the middle of the night and wouldn't go back to sleep and I went to bed at 2 a.m. So we were very tired!
All of a sudden I hear noises that are not typical of Ryan's usual morning. Then we hear a door slam. Jared and I looked at each other and thought, "Oh no!" I ran to Ryan's room and opened it and he wasn't in there. I looked in the office and he was playing with Daddy's computer. He did it. He climbed out of his crib. He didn't FALL out of his crib, he climbed out!
We immediately put him back in his crib to see him do it again, and just like he had been doing it for months now, he climbed out and was so proud of himself. It doesn't help that we have our foam pad to break his fall (not that it was a fall at all.)
We were both expecting him to fall out and be scared for another few months, but I don't think we get that luxury!
I guess we should get a toddler bed? Maybe this is Ryan's way for trying to sneak in another Christmas present. :)
12 comments:
Oh my goodness! You guys are in trouble! Although it's pretty cute how graceful he is at climbing out. Just put a childproof nob on the door nob and then he'll be stuck in his room even if he can climb out of his crib. That way, he'll just hang out in his room instead of wandering around the house.
Porter has been in a bed for over 3 months. He does great. When he wakes up in the morning, he comes out of his room, closes the door, then comes into our room (Will is still asleep, so he closes the door to keep him asleep). It's been just fine. I do stay in there until they are asleep, but I did that before, so it's no different. Good luck!
Time for a bed! Lucky you! We did the same as Jill with the door knob. But Ava figured out how to break hers apart so we had to try a new child proof handle. My neighbor even turned her door knobs so the lock was on the outside. They are just so clever at this age.
We would just put a baby gate up at the door. When Jared was born I would go in and check on the the boys before I would go to bed and many nights I would find Jackson had climbed in to the crib to sleep with the baby. LOL
So cute! I used to do that when I was little... climb out of my crib, and sleep on the ground next to it. Whoops.
I love the way you have his room decorated, with his name on the wall! Adorable!
It's so funny b/c as soon as I saw the headline of your post I was like "i bet Ryan climbed out of his crib!" sure enough ;) I think he looks sooo cute doing it, his big huge smile like he's doing something so cool.
I laughed. Now he is a big boy. Time for him to have a bed. Bye crib to your second baby :)
I am happy he can get out of bed and go to you and join to sleep or play. You don't have to get up and get him any more.
Childproof? not necessary but you need it for the office room and the bathrooms.
I agree with Mel :)
Oh no! I am dreading that point in my future child's life.
Ugh! Good luck! Let us know how the transition goes :) Ill be crossing my fingers for you!
What a big boy!!! :-) Ok, that has to be the funniest video I have ever seen. It is like he has been climbing out for years. He climbs out sooooo perfectly!! His room is so cute!! You are such an awesome decorator!
WOW! he has grown up so fast! Crazy!!
lol this is way to funny to be true! ha ha ha it happens :) A bed will be fun for him, I can't remember when Cambree moved into a bed, but I figure Kayden will have to move into a bed pretty young because this other little guy came so quick :) Love the video, I couldn't stop laughing the whole time!!
Post a Comment