Monday, December 13, 2010

20 Weeks

I had my ultrasound on Friday and my 20 week appointment today.

The ultrasound wasn't as much fun as I would've liked, but it served it's purpose. :) I was laying on my back looking at the screen for about 5 minutes when I started feeling really nauseous. The ultrasound tech let me lay on my side (which I didn't even think was possible for an ultrasound like this) and I threw up in a trash can about 5 minutes later. Very lovely. Luckily, I needed a full bladder so I was drinking tons of water and that's mainly what I threw up. (TMI?) Unfortunately, I didn't feel much better after throwing up and had to continue laying on my side, away from the screen, for the majority of the time.

The good news, though? We are having a very healthy baby! And not only is it healthy, it is growing right on target. The ultrasound put our due date at April 28th, 2011, 7:00 AM. It will be interesting to see how close to the minute it will be. I thought it was very funny that they even put a time on there. :) The baby was closed in a ball most of the time and gave the tech a really hard time getting all the pictures. He said that the baby was like a puzzle piece trying to put together what parts he could see to make sure everything was healthy. Oh another interesting thing is that the baby was laying transverse with it's head to my right when we started. After I threw up, it has completely turned around with it's head to my left. It's amazing to me how much it can move at this point.

We are waiting to announce the gender until Christmas. All the grandparents are getting a cute frame with the picture inside and the color of the frame will tell them what it is, boy or girl! So I will post all the pictures of the ultrasound probably on Christmas day.

At my appointment today everything seemed fine. I have been having a lot of cramping or braxton hicks contractions. They stink. So I try to take it easy as I can, but it's definitely hard with a toddler, Christmas coming, and my part-time job with The Ribbon Retreat Blog. I am not too concerned about them though. My weight was about 144 (with boots, so I am less than that, right? :) And my fundal height is right at 20 inches. I didn't get a heartbeat per minute, but it's usually about 150's with my doppler.

Here is what my belly looks like at 20 weeks.


And for some comparison - Here is what I looked like with Ryan at 19 weeks.

15 comments:

Barb said...

cute cute belly!! Can't believe you're holding back on the gender...=)

Ash said...

how very exciting! i'm guessing girl...just so it's official. i want you to have someone to decorate :)

Ben and Cjirsten said...

Oh how fun, ha ha its funny though i called you this morning and hadn't been on your blog so I didn't even know about the ultra sound. . .so you don't think thats why I called lol I just called to say hi and see how things are.

Cody and Maegan Graham said...

Super cute, Shirls!!! :)

Emily :) said...

HALF WAY DONE! WHOOHOOO!! :) I am so excited for you!! I can't wait to find out what you are having! :-) You look great and I am so happy that your appointment went well and that you have a healthy baby!

Lindsay said...

i can't wait to find out if you're having a boy or a girl. what a fun surprise!

Nichol Family said...

Love your pics! You look so cute. My guess is a girl since you have been so sick since I was sicker with my girl than my little boy. Can't wait to find out.

Kimmie said...

adorable! your belly looks more "perky" this time around. :) I am excited to find out the gender.

Lisa said...

Your idea is good. I will put the frame with a gender picture on my bedroom night stand. LOL.

I can't wait to know its girl or boy.

I asked Shirley that did she tell Ryan its girl or boy? She did and she know Ryan doesn't understand boy or girl. Cute. Maybe Ryan can tell me as grandmother/grandson secret LOL...just tease.

Merry Christmas to you and family.

Love Mom

Natalie said...

Awww man! I was so excited to see what the gender is. That's way cute how you're telling the grandparents tho. I guess I'll just have to wait another 11 days.

Jefra said...

I love that you are waiting until Christmas to tell everyone! We tried to do that with Cannon, but instead we showed the ultrasound video at our Christmas Eve family party. It looks like you are carrying a little higher than with Ryan, so I am going to guess girl. But who know, I'm almost never right with this stuff! In fact I swore that Cannon was going to be a girl! I'm excited to find out what you are having and either way, boy or girl, it will be so much fun! BTW, you look fantastic!

Just the 3 of us said...

You referred to the baby as a "he" in the post...so I'm thinking it's a boy :)

Shirley said...

I can't find the "he" you are talking about Lauren. I read it over and over before I posted to make sure all baby references were "it." I don't want to throw any one off! :)

KW said...

You look just like you did at 20 weeks with Ryan. I love the cute little belly!! Can't wait to find out. Keep us posted.

Simmons Family said...

Glad to hear that everything is right on track. That is really funny that they gave you a time for your due date. I thought it was a typo at frist. haha. We will have to see how close they are :)