We haven't had his 6 month appointment yet. His doctor always seems to be out of the office around the 20th. We usually end up taking him in two weeks after his month mark. So I don't have the official stats. Luckily, my mom has a weigher, which should give an accurate weight.
Stats:
Weight:
Height:
(He is already in bed tonight, so I will add this tomorrow.)
One of the things I love most about him is how funny he is. He just seems to naturally enjoy a good laugh. He is so easy to get laughing. I just have to look at him and in a deep scratchy voice say HI! and he cracks up giggling. He is SOOOOOO ticklish, it's hilarious! We play this game where I count to ten tickling his different parts of the body. I start with 1. feet, 2. ankles, 3. knees, 4. front of his thighs (he starts screaming with laughs by this time), 5. back of his thighs, 6. his bum, 7. his lower back (this also brings on uncontrollable laughter), 8. his tummy (depending on his mood, this can get the most laughs), 9. his chest, 10. his neck/shoulders. I usually stay on the neck and shoulders for awhile since he ALWAYS gives me a good laugh there. We probably play this game 2-3 times a day. Poor Ryan! :) I just love to hear his giggling though! Another thing that he does is when we are visiting strangers, he always watches them intently. If the stranger laughs, Ryan laughs too! He does this little heh heh. It's so cute! I was at the chiropractors office two days ago and the massage therapist laughed at how cute he was, and he giggled right back at her. She thought it was so funny so she laughed again, which led him to laugh again too. Oh he's so much fun!
Ryan is starting to pick up anything that is around him. If it isn't in reach, he tries with all his might to get it. Sometimes I will put him in his Bumbo to feed him, and if there is ANYTHING around him, he twists and turns trying to get it. I swear he is going to fall out of it someday when I am not looking for a second. He can't sit on my lap while I am at the computer anymore. :( He wants to touch the keys, everything on my desk, especially things he REALLY shouldn't get a hold of. If I turn him around, he twists with all his might to look at whatever he was focused on before.
He can sit up really well now. He can sit up with his legs straight out and still balance. Sometimes we still get the occasional fall backwards and depending on if he is tired, he'll start bawling. I love it though! Is that bad? :) It's the only time he will cuddle with me is if he is crying. It's not a bad hurt, so it's okay if I enjoy the moment, right? He loves stretching to get his toys from a sitting position. He can do it really well by getting on his knees. He hasn't gone from sitting to a crawling position quite yet. Every time he tries he goes straight on his belly. He is starting to kind of turn on his side when on his belly. I think this will allow him to get a knee under him. He hates being on his belly so he can only learn so much while he's complaining and screaming, MOM! Get me back into the sitting position!
His hand coordination is improving so much! He is starting to open and close his hand, basically move his fingers to feel things. He has a lot of toys with rings on them and he will do this to get the rings to move round and round. He just stares intently, seemingly amazed at what he can do. I am amazed too! He will do it on his lips too. I am waiting for the noises to come while he is doing it and make the brr brr brr sounds.
He started doing raspberries about three weeks ago. Sometimes he will do it all day long, and others he'll go a week without blowing them. It is so funny to hear him in bed at night doing them through the monitor. Jared would go to bed early and they would mimic each other. It was so cute! The worst is when he is done eating, and I bring him up face to face and he blows them in my face! Milk raspberries aren't so cute!
He is finally starting to eat his solids well! Yay!! He will actually open his mouth and move his head toward the spoon! I think turning 6 months old may have been the trick. Maybe next baby I will just wait until 6 months and save me the hassle. He loves to eat sweet potatoes, bananas (he will eat a whole jar of bananas WITH rice cereal too, he loves them so much!), applesauce, and he HATES chicken. I was told to start giving meats, because breastfed babies are usually low on iron around this point. It is the funniest thing to see him eat chicken. As soon as it touches his mouth he makes the ick face and then the gagging begins! He just gags and gags and does the shaking head, this is disgusting, with a disgusting look on his face. If I give this to him first, he will gag on everything else I give him. SO today our new adventure is mixing peas with the chicken, and hopefully it will be much more enjoyable. I must admit, it smells and looks like cat food, so I can't blame him for wanting to throw up. We were housesitting/watching Jared's brother's girls last week and they have two kittens. Ryan wouldn't finish his meal so I figured since it looked like cat food, I would see if the kittens wanted it. They licked the ENTIRE bowl clean! Definitely more cat food, than baby food at this point.
I can officially say we are fans of LUVS! We have them in size 3 and they have been great! His poops haven't been nearly as running, but he will be in his diaper for an hour before I notice he's pooped and there is no mess! With the target ones, it was so awful. NEVER BUY THEM! Huggies aren't too bad, but even they had to be changed immediately if we didn't want a mess. But I LOVE LUVS! They smell a lot better too.
I am not sure if I blogged about this yet, but Ryan has teeth! He got his bottom teeth around labor day. He had one come through and then he had a high fever and was so cranky for about three days and then his second tooth came in. It's so cute to see! I haven't had any problems with biting during feedings yet. He is always too interested in what's going on around him to stay too long. He just looks so much older with those cute teeth.
Ryan now gets up at 6 am every morning. He will let me just put a pacifier in his mouth and he'll either go back to sleep or just sit there for another hour. I am not sure which, because I am always asleep at this point. Around 7, he refuses to just sit there with a pacifier in his mouth so he gets up and I bring him to bed with me. I sleep while he eats. I love breastfeeding! :) He will lay eating on and off for about an hour. If he eats quickly, it's going to be a long day! I keep him in his swaddle while I feed him or else his hands are everywhere and we won't get our snuggle time. Because he has been getting up earlier, I put him to bed earlier. It's hard to get him ready for bed at 7:30 though. It just seems too early! But the earlier we put him to bed, the more sleep he gets and the happier he is. He still takes about 3 naps a day, usually at least an hour to two hours long. If it's longer than two hours, I always have to go in and make sure he's still alive. I am such a worry wort! When I go in, it kind of wakes him up and he'll be awake ten minutes later.
One last thing! He loves to sit in the cart when we go to the store. He loves looking around at everything. I am so thankful that most stores have wipes to wipe down the cart. I am waiting for babysteals.com to bring a cart cover on. I am so buying it if they do! We try to go out once a day since he loves it so much. He is such a good baby.
Okay that's all I can think of for Ryan at 6 months. Here are some videos over the last month that we enjoy. :)
8 comments:
Thank you for showing these pictures of Ryan. They are very good. Shirley, you can set up a home business for photos of babies they like it. (that is why I really like all pictures smile).
I can't believe Ryan grow...he is a real big boy now.
Next 6 months, he will be ONE year old. Wow. I hope he can blow fire on the candle out. He will have fun on his 1st birthday.
I laughed about Ryan's respberries. I babysat my two nephews. One of them...3 months old, I fed him formula milk then I made him burp on my shoulder, he was respberried and blew it on my face LOL.
Ryan is fun now. He loves to play with my new necklace (yesterday I bought it from the deaf center...it was on sale...50% off).
Good Night, the Hale Family. Love Mom and Grandma Lisa
Loved the comments about Ryan and enjoyed the movies shown. He's sure growing a lot! Cute baby! This Grandpa loves that Ryan kid! :)
I figured Jonno was you! Those are really good picture of Ryan. He seems like such an easy baby!
Sink baths are so cute. I don't think its bad to enjoy a hug from your baby boy because he got a bunk, even if you kinda knew he'd get one. Its so hard to have an active baby sometimes because they don't want to cuddle. Megan never wanted to just sit on my lap and snuggle me until she was much older.
As far as the gag thing goes, count yourself lucky he only does it with chicken. My kids did that with everything. I couldn't get my kids on real solids until I completely stopped nursing them.
I so love those green leg warmer things! I think my favorite picture is the one where he's holding the banana though. I love baby legs! Squish squish! :)
I love you Shirley. You're a cute mommy.
Love it!!!! He is so adorable. Don't you just love this age? It is so much fun to see them do something new, to hear them giggle, and to be the one who gets to cuddle them when they get hurt or are scared. What a great post Shirley!
Wow he is so big I can't belive! I am with you on the Luvs!!! We tried many different kinds with cambree, and ya the Luvs where the only ones that didn't have blow outs, or anything! Anyway all the pictures and everything are so cute! And Yes you win. . .this should show what a good friend you are for us. . .I am in the process of emailing you some prego pictures!
Okay, I'll be right over to kiss those fat cheeks. He's so cute!
I can't believe he is already 6 months old! Crazy
Anyway, I think I want to fly you out here and take pictures of my kids, those of Ryan are so cute!
Post a Comment