
We LOVE it! I truly think we were led to find this place and put an offer on it today. It's amazing how God works.
We went house searching for the first time today. I saw a place I really liked that had a ton of space in Spanish Fork, but the people living in it were on vacation so we couldn't see it. We saw about 4 places in Spanish Fork before we decided to just drive by this other place. When we got there we saw that they had a model open. When we walked through the door, we fell in love! This place we were going to see was a short sell for $139,000. The real estate agent told us that the house was okay, but they sellers had a dog they would keep in the basement that would pee everywhere and the rest of the house was kid trashed. The dog part is what got us thinking about what our other options were.
The builder had 4 townhomes left, one with a finished basement, an end unit, and two middle units. The middle units that had unfinished basements were way cheap. They had just lowered the price today to cost so we knew that they would not last long. The price wasn't as good as $139,000, but did we want to lose these brand new ones for the possibility of liking the other home and getting an offer on a short sell? We didn't. SO we put in an offer!
The townhome is right off of Spanish Fork Highway and will be about 15 minutes to Jared's work. It is a little farther south than we wanted, but the price and distance to Jared's work is just too good to pass up. I love, love, love it! It has 2,500 sq. ft. and 1700 will be finished. It has three bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths and everything is large! The basement has enough room for a large family room, or bedroom and smaller family room with a full bathroom as well. The picture of the outside doesn't do it justice for how awesome it is on the inside.
So we put in a full offer and will hear from them on Monday before 1:00 pm. I really hope we got it. If we did, we will move in about 8 weeks. It still has to be finished inside. I get to choose all the colors, flooring, cabinets, and all that. It should be a ton of fun and a nice amount of time for us to pay off credit cards and save up for money due on the place.
We are so excited!!!
10 comments:
Shirley, that is SO exciting. I can't believe you guys found a place so quickly. That is amazing. I really hope you get it and are able to make it your own. Good luck!
That is such a cute place! I love your picture up top!
Cute place although I wish it were closer to me
Holly
It looks beautiful! Good for you guys!
I'm so excited for you guys! I hope you get it! :) Either way, it will all work out!
Congratulations! Let us know what happens on Monday and when the moving in date is! I can see how excited you both are and I'm pleased how well you're both doing.
How exciting! I hope it all works out and happens fast! Short sells can be a booger sometimes, but the place looks adorable!
oh hooray! new baby, new job and new house! What a year for you guys!
That's awesome Shirley! I'm really excited for you guys! You'll have to do a house-warming party and finally meet my wife! Haha! Have fun picking out all the stuff! I think that's one of the best parts! :D
Oh my goodness that house sounds so amazing!!! Ben and I hated house shopping! It will be so fun to slowly work on the basement as well, I always wanted a place a like that, that you could do what you wanted and stuff with it! Wow! I am so excited for you guys!! BUT HEY!!! ITS MONDAY!!! DID YOU GET IT!!! Don't leave me in suspense come on!! ha ha!! I am so jealous of you! I want to buy a house so bad! That is a bad part of military buying is not really a good idea because you never know when you will have to up and move again. I want to see more picture of the inside and stuff!! Keep me posted!!!
Post a Comment