There hasn't been much to post really. I COULD post every video I have of Ryan doing something I think is absolutely amazing, like looking at his hands, but I don't know how much that would be appreciated. :)
There are two new things to report though. I am no longer going back to work on Monday. I still have some maternity left until July 27th and then after that I have scheduled personal leave until September 8th. I wanted to go back part-time like I mentioned, but I found out that it would more than double what I pay for health insurance. I would basically be working to pay for insurance, leaving me with very little to get some stuff paid off. We decided to just stretch out our savings a little bit longer. I am so excited to be able to stay home with my little man a little longer. I know I am biased, but he is the cutest little boy in the whole world! :) I just love his smiles! He knows how to get people to smile and is quite the little flirt. I just LOVE him!
In other news, Jared finished his last final for Spring semester. He did pretty good in both classes. We'll find out in about a week how he did. All he has left now is an online health class (required at BYU) and his senior project. The senior project will be tough, but it will at least have no class time or schedule that he has to follow. He can go to school and spend what time he wants on it and come home for dinner if he feels like. Hopefully he can do a lot from home as well. We are both excited that he has some more flexible time! Only 7 1/2 more weeks until graduation and we can't wait!!! We are starting to get his resume ready for applications. He is graduating in Computer Science and we're willing to live in Salt Lake County, Utah Valley, and even up in Idaho (Idaho Falls area). If anyone has any good information that could help us in our search, we'd love to hear it.
So things are good. They'll be a little hectic and we'll have to be frugal, but I've heard that these are generally the funnest times in life when you're first starting out. So we are going to try and enjoy it. Although, I'm not going to lie, we are excited for Jared to have a good job, a place of our own, and be in that next stage of life. It's coming quick!
8 comments:
I'm so happy you get to stay home longer with Ryan! It would be terribly hard for me to have to go back to work...I just love being with my boys so much.
Good luck job hunting. It was such a long process for us and we're still not really settled...but with Jared going into computer science you guys might have an easier time! Keep us posted!
Did you hear that Microsoft is opening an office in Lehi at the Thanksgiving Point business park? They are supposed to be bringing 100 new jobs to Utah. I wonder if Jared could find a job there?
Yes I did! We'll see how that goes. I have to look into it more, but he needs a job soon and it sounds like that might be a few months. It would be nice though!
That's so exciting that you'll be able to stay home with baby Ryan. Have so much fun!
Thank you for sharing infromation about Jared's school and hunting job. I thought I have resume book but I can't find it...it is somewhere. Good luck, Jared!!!
I am happy you stay home and take care of Ryan. You are very happy.
I can babysit Ryan, so you and Jared go on a nice date like eat or watch movie or Lagoon LOL.
I will be sad when you move out but I am happy for you to live on own as a good family together. I visit you or visit me smile.
I love you all.
Mom
Yay! That's AWESOME that you get to stay home with your baby clear till September! That makes me excited for you!
I just saw that you started a fitness blog.. so I'm heading over there.. ;)
Check out beingfrugalisfabulous.com , athriftymom.com , and dealseekingmom.com . I like the first website because she teaches you how to cook your own beans, pick meat and other stuff to save money. We've been able to save a ton of money just by learning a few simple tricks and sticking to them. I am glad you can stay home with the baby. It's such a joy. and you are right he's pretty cute!
7 1/2 more weeks, that's great! I bet it will feel so good to be done. Don't worry. Just keep praying, HF will lead you to the right job.
As far as insurance goes, you can get Ryan on medicare if you qualify. It's nice to have while you're waiting for a job.
It is so nice to be able to stay with your baby. I'm glad you get to. :) It's pretty hard to leave them, but sometimes that is what we have to do. :(
Post a Comment