My little boy turned 3 months old on Saturday! Can you believe it?? I can't. Time goes by SO much faster when the baby is no longer in you! Ryan makes our lives so much better. He just brightens my day. I don't know if there is anything better than when you go to get them up in the morning and they give you the biggest smile! It just melts my heart.
He's not too much farther along in his development skills as he was when I wrote up his 2 month old post. Here are some new things though.
Weight: 14.1 lbs
Length: 25 1/2 inches
He can rollover onto his back if we roll him onto his tummy. I know it might be cheating, but it helps him practice his skills right? :) He HATES being on his tummy. I know I just need to do it more. He's not able to lift his head and neck up enough for this stage, I think. With more practice, I'm hoping he can lift his head to 90 degrees by 4 months.
He now examines his hands and toys. He loves to hold his toys and put them in his mouth. He constantly sucks on his hands now and is a little drool machine. Today he was looking at his pacifier and picked it up and brought it up to his mouth. He also threw his toy out of his carseat. He isn't really grabbing toys while we dangle them from above, but I'm hoping he will soon.
He laughs when we tickle him and giggles when people talk to him. We can't really get him to giggle much when talking to him. He constantly smiles at anyone and everyone. He is now doing the thing where he smiles and then turns his face into my chest. It's so cute!
He also started doing the walking that babies do by this time. I realized it when he wanted to walk up my chest one day. I think it's the cutest thing ever when babies do this so I do it with Ryan a lot.
He's moving a lot more at night now. I lay him in his crib straight and when I get him in the morning, he is diagonal. I don't know if I am ready for him to be moving much. We use his crib as a changing table during the day. I guess we can make our bed the changing table when that time comes. :)
He now sleeps a ton longer at night. Last night he slept from 11:30 - 9:30. It was awesome! He even went back to sleep after. We still swaddle him in his kiddopotomas swaddler (I finally got a cotton one!). If he struggles for awhile, he can get a hand out of his swaddle, but that's rare.
He is starting to decide what he likes and lets us know if he doesn't like something. It's fun to learn, but hard at the same time. Yesterday he started screaming for no reason when we were at a family get together at a restaurant. I think he was just really tired. Anyway, we're learning every day.
He is the cutest little guy and we love him so much!
Father's Day
Jared had a good father's day. The only bad part was early church at 9:00. Man, that is just too early for us night owls! Poor Ryan had to be woken up early, which made him cranky at church. Jared got a candy bar at church and we had a nice pot roast dinner today. He got a picture frame of our little family from my mom and a cute onesie for Ryan that says "I Love Daddy" but the love as a heart. It's way cute.
Jared is such a good dad to Ryan. He really had some concerns about starting a family, but is so glad I made him. :) He just loves our cutie pie so much, and can you blame him? :) Jared just lights up when Ryan is in the room and I love it! He is so good at doing anything I need and playing with Ryan. He sure loves his daddy! We love you Jared!
I also want to say Happy Father's Day to my dad. He is such a good dad and he doesn't even know it! He helped me through so much in my growing years and still has a lot of wisdom for me to take. He is always there for me if I need him. He is also a great dad to his little boy, Nolan. He loves that little guy like none other. Nolan is very lucky to have his as a father. Happy Father's Day, Daddy!
I'm also grateful for my father-in-law. He does a lot for us and we love him so much!
6 comments:
You have the cutest family! I have to say I am insanely jealous of Ryan's sleeping. We have had a handful of 6 hour nights but most of the time AliCherie is still up every 3-4 hours :(. It is amazing how much joy babies bring to your life! They are worth all the hard work.
Jared, You are not only a Fabulous Father, you are, also, a very handsome father. Wow!! We love the picture!!! So glad that you are in our family.
that is so fun. He's a long thing, isn't he! Porter is 17 lbs 9 oz. They grow too fast. The pictures are really cute.
I love his bright eyes!! Isn't it so crazy how quickly they learn and grow?? So fun, he's a doll. I can tell you are so happy and I am glad. :)
I can't get over how absolutely beautiful Ryan's eyes are!! He is so handsome and I am so glad that he is sleeping so long for you!! It looks like he is growing very well! Porter is slowly catching up in weight and height.. we'll get him there! :-) You are such a wonderful Mom Shirley and Jared seems like an awesome Dad!! I think it would be so much fun to get the boys together!! Take care!
Hi Shirley. Keep up the great writing you're doing about Ryan and your family. I love you Shirley. And I'm proud of how well Jared is doing as a dad and you have a GREAT son. I guess I can say I'm one happy proud grandpa with Ryan. :)
Post a Comment