Our ward is a mix of really young couples and really old couples. There are a few who are right inbetween, but not many. To give you a good idea we have about 5 young women and 50 babies in the nursery. Once the kids start to hit around age 5, people move out onto bigger and better things. Anyway, so this Saturday is our ward BBQ. We got a phone call from someone in the bishopric asking if we wanted to help out with what sounded like setting up. Jared said he had to talk to me first and I was all for it. I think they asked us because ever since we got released from primary, we've been laying low under the radar. In the past few months we've started becoming more visible and BAM! we have to help out again.
I got a call from the acitivites chairperson and she asked if we could do the baby derby. I can't say no so that's what we are doing. The only problem is that she expects us to bring blankets and baby toys. We have two stuffed animals and two blankets on our bed. Out of everyone in the ward who has babies, we got chosen? Anyway, wish us luck because there is too little time to call back and get out of it. This may be a disaster.
If anyone has any good ideas, I am all ears!
1 comment:
You know, this very well could be the Lord in his infinite sense of humor getting you right now. In all seriousness though, how funny would it be if you fdid just show up with just two stuffed animals and a blanket (Then you could tell the activities chair, you thought she knew you didn't have kids when she asked you to do this). If you do need baby toys and blankets you can borrow some of ours.
Post a Comment