Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Jaw Pain
After getting braces, I started having TMJ like problems. Mostly it was my jaw popping when yawning, which hurt pretty bad. After finding out that I may need braces and wearing a nightguard that seemed to make it worse, I decided I could live with the pain. Luckily, the pain kind of went away and the popping occured without it. Well this past week I have started having pain in my jaw all the time. When I try to bite down, only one side of my teeth touches and the other side doesn't. When I try to make it touch, guess what happens... it hurts! Well now I am back to square one and am terrified that I will have to have braces again. So I guess it's off to searching the web for treatments of TMJ that does not include braces. I've heard of physical therapy and my chiropractor worked on it for a little bit, but I am not sure if the chiropractor really knows what he is doing or if he is just trying to make a buck. I hope I can find something!!! Pray for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Give me two years and I will solve all your problems. I promise.
That sucks. uck it sounds like it hurts so bad :( I'm sorry shirley!
Post a Comment