Friday, March 17, 2017

24 Weeks 4 Days MFM

Today I went in for the ultrasound. The tech seemed a little new. She measured for growth even though she wasn't supposed to. As I laid there watching the screen my heart about jumped out of my chest. Did I just see that the baby is measuring 21.6 weeks??? That is two weeks growth in one week! He is now 15 oz, 414 grams. And my fluid? Well that is now up to an 11! Which is within the range of normal. The blood flow in the cord also looked great.

The perinatologist, Dr. Dizon-Townson, came in and didn't talk about growth because the tech wasn't supposed to measure it. She said the fluid looked awesome and that the cord looked so good too. All my tests came back negative, which is great. We are still waiting on the Counsyl testing for trisomy disorders, that will be awhile.

She wanted me to meet with the neonatologist and left to see if I could go up right then. They just had four new admits into the NICU so that doctor wasn't available that day. She said that she felt really good about the results today. And that she is normally very very conservative, but feels really good about waiting until next week to see the neonatologist and to keep doing what I am doing. Another thing she said was that there are just some patients that do really really well with bed rest and fluids and she thinks I am one of them.

I left floating on a cloud. I had faith and trusted in God, truly believing in miracles. I am doing everything I can and he is blessing us. 2 Nephi 27:23 "For behold, I am God; and I am a God of miracles; and I will show unto the world that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and I work not among the children of men save it be according to their faith." We are going to get our miracle and my faith is bigger than my fear. I don't know what next week will show. I don't know what this means for our future. But it was a beautiful tender mercy that I didn't even know was possible. I hope this next week shows the same results. We love you little guy!

No comments: