Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter


This Easter was wonderful! The church started a #BecauseOfHim campaign and it really made the true meaning of Easter stand out for me. I thought a lot about the atonement and resurrection and made it a daily study the week before Easter. It means so much to me and I am so grateful for Jesus Christ who makes this life, in good times and bad, beautiful. I'm grateful for his guidance and love.

We also had some fun with Easter eggs and candy so I'll show that too. :) It's usually such a struggle for me to get good pictures of the kids in their Easter clothes so when I saw an advertisement for a photographer in town to get a mini shoot, I jumped on it! Here are my three kiddos, who I love so much!

 
The day before Easter we got EGGED! Someone hid plastic eggs with candy in them around our yard. The kids loved looking for them. I never found out who did it. They sure were sweet though!


A video of the boys looking for the eggs.


 
  
 So silly!

The same day we also dyed our eggs. This has to be the most messy thing parents are "forced" to do, and yet so much fun for kids. I didn't make the kids take off their clothes "just in case." Well Ryan knocked over the green all over his clothes. I may have sworn. :) I hate spills.... they just get everywhere. Ryan asked me what the word meant that I said. I felt pretty good that I never said it before. It wasn't like me and honestly I wasn't even THAT mad. Oh well! :) We still had fun.

 
 

We got the kids to bed that night and cleaned up the living room and set out their baskets.

 
 This is my favorite part! Putting out their baskets. They got treats, books, Frozen, 
window markers, big bouncy balls, and pictures of Christ. The chocolate you see is
a maze! They boys loved them and they tasted good too. :)

 
 

The video before they come down the stairs to tell us what the true meaning of Easter is. :)


 
 
 


Now it's time for the Easter egg hunt! Ryan was not happy that the Easter bunny put pennies in the eggs instead of candy. I told him that I asked him to not bring a lot of candy since it's so bad for us. He was still not happy with it. :) That's ok. If he knew we took the pennies out of his jar and half of them went to Brady, he'd REALLY not be happy. :) Better planning for next year right? :)


 
 

Grandma Lisa came for Easter dinner. We did something simple since we were doing Ham for Brady's birthday the next week.  It was so simple, I don't even remember what it was. :) She brought a fun toy for the kids. They played with it for an hour. It was cute because Ryan named one tube the Death tube and then another one the Resurrection tube. I loved that he was showing he understood what resurrection means.


Here's a video of them playing with it. You have to listen closely to hear it.


Brynn also got to play with Grandma a bit. She loves Grandma. I think she definitely knows who she is and loves her. She always lights up when she sees her and loves to grab her face. :)



 
  


And since Brynn slept through the morning festivities, here's a cute picture of her dancing to her music ball. :)


I told Ryan to tape up his picture in his room. He didn't want to do that because he wanted to put it up where he could see it often. So he taped it to the organization shelf. :)

 

 After dinner Grandma and I took the boys to the church to fly kites. It's the best place I've found to fly them. You don't even have to do anything, they just stay up really well. You just need to hold on. :)

Here is a video of Ryan trying to fly his kite. It was broken, missing one tail, so it was really hard to get to stay up. We finally ripped the one tail in half to make two and it worked a lot better.



 Brady only flew kites for about 10 minutes. Then he wanted to walk on this rock wall.


Grandma took lots of videos so here are a few of them.






We had a great Easter and I hope you did too!

2 comments:

Paul + Emily said...

WOW.. what a beautiful and fun filled Easter that you and your family shared. Aww.. your cute little boys and little girl are the cutest. Those Easter pictures were absolutely adorable!! I love reading about all of the wonderful traditions you and your family have!! Glad you had such a great Easter.

KW said...

Those are the cutest Easter pics ever!