Sunday, April 27, 2014

Brady's Birthday Party

Brady was SO excited for his birthday party! He had a Batman themed birthday party. Basically it was a very much toned down version from Ryan's party last year. :) I was able to use the same decorations and some of the same games. We invited Grandma Lisa, Grandma Ann, Dennis and Cheryl and kids, and Tara and Jed and kids. He had so much fun.

Since his birthday was a week after Easter I got a ham for super cheap and we had Dr. Pepper glazed ham, my favorite that Jared makes!, funeral potatoes, and carrots. Brady just sat at his seat so patiently eating two whole plates. I guess I picked the right stuff for dinner. :)

After dinner we played Stick the Bat on the Batman. We had the kids go a few times each. Brady actually did really well. So well that I am almost positive he could see, but let's just say he is amazing because he is. Some of the adults did it too. My favorite was Kaysi. Jared spun her around a few times and she got so dizzy she had to crouched down for a bit. It was pretty funny. I thought I was recording, but I accidentally turned it off when I thought I was turning it on. Bummer. Also my mom has the pictures for this; I'll add them later.

 
 

Here are all the videos of that game.






Then we got the Batman pinata out. Grandma Lisa made this special for Brady. He was so excited to see it when she got to our house.


The hot pinata holder.

Brady was so excited!

The kids had a blast hitting the pinata. Watching all the little kids was so cute! Ryan finished it off at the end. He's got a really good swing!


When the candy (treats) fell out, Ryan grabbed the pile and pulled it towards him. It was hilarious to see what pinatas have taught him about sharing. The kids were so happy though. Thanks Grandma for the fun pinata and treats!

Here is the video of the pinata.


After the pinata we opened presents. Brady was stinking cute with this. 

Here is the video of him opening his presents.


He got lots of fun stuff!  He got Batman pajamas (hand me downs from Ryan that I made into shorts, but they look like genie capris, it's so funny yet so cute), Batman coloring pages, play doh (when he saw it he said, "toilet paper!"), a play doh dump truck, Cars coloring pages and stickers, Batman kite, Thomas sticker book, Monsters University toy, bubbles, sippy cup, firby, an easel with chalk, a balance bike, and a pillow racer. Thank you to everyone that brought presents!

 
 
 
 
 Opening the toilet paper. :)


After presents it was time to sing happy birthday and have cake and ice cream. Brady was extremely excited for this part! He couldn't wait to blow out the candles and had the biggest smile on his face. And when he finished the candles he jumped up and down over and over with excitement. 



  
My happy three year old! Brady's favorite color is purple and the 3 is made out of sprinkles.

 
 
 
So happy! Doing a happy dance!

  
He was jumping so crazy I couldn't get a non blurry picture after. So cute!

 After we blew out the candles, we handed out cake and ice cream to every one. Brady was so busy playing with his new toys, the play doh in particular (thanks grandma lisa) that he didn't want any cake or ice cream. After every one had left he finally wanted some. He was so proud of his cake! Oh it was a funfetti cake and he picked out cookies n creme ice cream.

After things died down a bit, he finally let us put his pajamas on. Here he is in his "new" pajamas. :) I cut the cuffs off the bottom and cut them into shorts. They had a hole in the knee. I knew the cuffs were a little smaller than the fabric, but I thought they would be somewhat skin tight so it wouldn't matter. I was wrong. I love how he looks and his big smile in his pajamas.


It was a fun birthday and we just love him so much!!! He is such a blessing in our lives and we couldn't be happier to have him in our family. Happy Birthday Brady! We love you!

Oh and I forgot to give him Nancy and Jonno's present so they opened it a day later. Here are the pictures and videos from that. Thanks Aunt Nancy and Uncle Jonno!





3 comments:

Paul + Emily said...

You are seriously the best Mom ever! What a super fun birthday party! It looks like Brady had a blast!! I can't get enough of his smiles! He just melts my heart! Happy Birthday Brady!

KW said...

Oh he is such a cutie! Looks like a great party to me.

Kimmie said...

yay for Brady! I thought he was older because of how smart he is! The pinata is so cute!