
My Cute Boys
We haven't had the Ensign for a few months because I kept forgetting to renew. Well I finally sat down and renewed it and got my first issue a couple days ago. I love to read it during breakfast and get inspiration (or support) for the day.
Today I read the article Still A Clarion Call. It was about the Family: A Proclamation to the World and how it is even more relevant today than when it was first issued. It's interesting how you can read an article and what you get out of it is totally not the point of the article, but just a few words can speak to your soul.
Here is what I liked:
"Our family-centered perspective should make Latter-day Saints strive to be the best parents in the world. It should give us enormous respect for our children, who truly are our spiritual siblings, and it should cause us to devote whatever time is necessary to strengthen our families."
This reminded me of when I was talking to my Grandma Richards at Lake Powell. We were sitting on the front of the boat watching my boys play. I was telling her about all the amazing things Ryan would say and ask about. His desire to learn all about how things work is amazing. And Brady has a crazy attention span for his age and loves to learn as well. And they are both such good boys. My grandma said how strong their spirits must be, and how she can see them being true leaders in the gospel, leading people to Christ and true happiness.
When we were talking about this I remembered how huge our responsibility is as parents to teach them well and prepare them for life. And this quote in the Ensign really spoke to that. And what a sacred responsibility being a parent is. Heavenly Father trusts us with His special spirit children.
I look at my boys and I am SO proud of them and I know what my grandma said is true. And I hope that I can do my best to teach them as not just my children, but my spiritual siblings, knowing that they are here to learn and to come closer to Christ, just the same as me. I am so thankful that Heavenly Father has given us this special blessing.
And I am SO excited to be adding to our family another special spirit to raise. The boys are so excited and they are going to be great big brothers. She is so lucky to have them.
I hit 35 weeks yesterday and took this picture when I was still 34 weeks on Sunday.
At my 34 week appointment we found out that Baby Girl is transverse. That means her back is laying at the bottom of my belly and her head and legs are on my sides. They want the baby to be head down at this point. The doctor said that if she hadn't turned by 36 weeks, we would schedule a version where they manually turn the baby. If my water broke while she was in this position, I would need a c-section. I asked him what I could do to help, and he said nothing. So I went home and emailed a few people and found lots of things I could do. :)
I've been doing them for about a week and I am going to try and go in tomorrow and see if she is turned. I feel like she is in a different position, but I am not 100% sure. If the doctor is still worried, then I will call a chiropractor and have them adjust me to turn the baby. I've heard tons of good things about this! But hopefully she has turned with the stuff I have been doing.
Other news is that I have only gained like 2 pounds in 4 weeks! I was really worried about gaining a ton since I didn't lose any weight in the beginning with not being as sick. But it turns out that my appetite at the end of this pregnancy is different than it was with the boys. I still love sweets, but I am totally fine with just a bite. And meals? Tiny is good for me.
People keep saying that I am smaller this time. I am not sure. I think I am a little smaller, but I am also not 40 weeks. Everyone always remembers you at your biggest. Hopefully this means I will not get any new stretch marks and Baby Girl won't be 9 1/2 pounds and a much easier labor.
Speaking of labor, we have been attending Hypnobabies classes and I really love it. I wish all moms could take it. It really takes away the fear our culture gives us with having babies. I feel much more confident of my body and I am so excited to have a natural birth and be an active part of labor and delivery, rather than putting my body in a bed and letting drugs and doctors dictate everything. It is really empowering.
We are still getting ready for her to come. I've finished her crib bedding and it is beautiful! I finished the diaper changing pad cover and made baskets to go on the table to match her bedding. I am almost finished making a car seat cover and Jared's sister Tara is letting us borrow a ton of baby girl clothes. I just need to wash them and put them away. I know there is so much more to do, but each day we are getting closer.
We just have some curtains we are painting, a dresser to paint, a pillow to make for the rocking chair, and a mobile and I'll be done with her room for now. I have a bunch of headbands I need to make. I can't believe I ever thought "I have plenty of time". 5 weeks just doesn't sound like enough right now!
As far as names, we're still stuck on a pretty long list, and I just hope she will tell us which one she likes. :) We have Brynn (or Brynnlee), Brianne, Ezrie, Lexi, Lilah, and Aubree. I wish naming was easier! I am so nervous this time around. Maybe because I thought we would never have a girl and the one name I had went to our sweet Annie. I feel so blessed to be getting the opportunity to raise a girl.
I think that's it for now. :) Hopefully tomorrow brings good news about her position. Fingers crossed!

1 comment:
I hope she turned! I love your name list. I like Ezrie- never heard it and it's pretty.
Post a Comment