Grandpa Roush turned 85 this year! I can't believe he is that old. He still does more than I think most men at 70!
I am so blessed to have had such wonderful grandparents. I know that I can go to my grandpa with any problem or blessing and he will listen and give me good advice or be so happy with me. Grandpa always says, "Do you know how much I love you, Shirley?" And I always tell him I do. He always makes sure I know he loves me through his words and actions. If I am ever in the house for longer than five minutes without giving him a hug, he lets me know. He will say "Shirley! Where's my hug???" And I always love giving Grandpa hugs!
For his 85th birthday he wanted to have a family reunion. He picked out Honeyville, Utah at Crystal Hot Springs campground and pool. Growing up his family would spend their reunions there and it was filled with history for him. It started on Wednesday night to Saturday afternoon. Since we are having a baby this year, Jared doesn't have a lot of time off so we went up Friday morning, missing some of the historical information he shared about his ancestors who lived in the area.
| Grandpa's parents' headstone |
My dad and April were able to come and so was Nancy! Steven and Natalie got there really late Friday night, but it was so fun to have our family all together. Especially Dad and Nancy who we never get to see. I just love my family.




![]() |
| Singing songs |

The next morning we packed up and headed to Promontory Point where the two railroads met. Grandpa's ancestor was Stake President, I think, and was there in the famous picture of the golden spike being hammered in. (Grandma Roush may have to correct me!) I have heard about this for so many years so it was really fun to go and watch the reenactment and see just how much people sacrificed. I can't imagine working building a railroad!



It was a fun reunion getting to see my aunts and uncles and cousins, but mostly my own family. I miss my dad and Nancy so much! And it is so much fun to see the kids with them. Ryan and Brady never see my dad and yet there is that special bond between grandparent and grandsons. It's cute. And Nancy is the cutest aunt ever. I hope I can be close to her to her littles. I can't wait to see Baby Huckvale in December!
Our family was the only one that stayed after the reenactment for lunch. We had a very nice picnic and got Grandma and Grandpa all to ourselves. It was a lot of fun.We also didn't have to wait in line to ride this thing on the rails. Ryan loved it! We got there late so we were able to stay long enough to see the beginning of the next reenactment of the trains actually moving. The boys thought it was pretty cool.
Here is a video of us riding this thing. I can't remember what it is called.
| Nancy and Natalie got a turn! |
Here is the video of them. Cuties!
When the reenactment started up again, they were blowing the horns on the engines. Brady loved it and Ryan thought it was a little bit loud. :) We were trying to get pictures of the boys with their Great Grandpa when it started so all three watched together.
Brady was so cute with Grandpa Gary. He loved him!
Thank you to Grandma and Grandpa Roush for a fun reunion and for being the best grandparents. I love you so much and am so grateful to call you mine.



2 comments:
Your Grandpa is adorable and seems like such a wonderful man! So glad that you had such a great time with your family and so fun that you were able to spend some time with your Dad and your sister. Looks like you guys definitely made some great memories!!
Your grandpa is so cute! You are looking super cute too :)
Post a Comment