Tuesday, June 25, 2013

26 Weeks


Here we are at week 26 and I am not sure what to say! :)

Summer seems to be cruising by. I had my 24 week check up and everything looked great. My blood pressure was low at 98/40. The doctor just said to drink plenty of water. Easy for him to say. The doctor did do another ultrasound because I was concerned about fluid and she looked great. He also agreed that she was a she. :) Here are some weird pictures from that ultrasound.

That circle is the eye and the dot is the lens in the eye.

You can see her open mouth.

If you look at the cursor and to the right, you can see she is a she.

I am still feeling a little dizzy lately. I have a cold, so I am wondering if it has something to do with that. There are a hundred thousand things I could be doing everyday and yet I don't want to do anything. If I do one or two things in a day, but spend the other half sitting around (which isn't a bad thing for me), I end up feeling guilty about not being super mom/wife. I am trying to work through that and be happy with me.

Baby Girl moves like crazy! She almost always is moving. It's to the point that if I haven't felt her, I get nervous. But most of the time if I eat or drink anything, she gets rolling again. I love it! Jared gets weirded out by feeling her move. So I love finding any one who wants to touch my belly and feel her. It's so amazing to me.

She is still nameless. Jared is very difficult. I want to throw the baby name book at his head. Here is what is on the list that he "doesn't love" (but he doesn't love anything... so as long as he doesn't hate a name I guess it goes on the list): Catelyn, Zoey, Brianne. Names that he hates that I really like are: Jillian, Mallory, Brynnlee, Mandy. Naming is tough stuff... and if you have a husband like Jared, it's miserable. I hope we can name her before we leave the hospital. :)

As far as prep goes, we haven't done a thing. I decided I do want to make a nursery for her, and along with that clean the basement so I can send the kids down there to play. That means organizing, laying carpet remnants down, etc. And then there is a ton of stuff in her room that needs to go in the basement and I need to paint a dresser and find a nursing chair. I have a big chair, but it's not really comfortable for nursing so I am hoping to find one that rocks, a lot like the ones in the mother's lounge, and I don't care how old it is, I'll just put a cover over it. I'm not a good yard saler, but fingers crossed!

I am signed up for a hypnobabies class so I can try and birth this little girl natural. I am on the fence about getting a doula (it's a labor assistant basically). It would cost about $600 to have one and I think it would be great, but I don't know if that is an expense that we can really afford. I have to decide how worth it it is to me. I wish money wasn't a factor in childbirth. Sometimes I really want to punch money in the face. (My ER visit cost close to $1000, I wish that could've gone to a doula.) My classes start in August and I'll be around 32 weeks.

Some days I feel really big and then I will be next to someone who is 9 months pregnant and I feel just right. I know I have a long ways to go and I am going to get much much bigger. I hope my swim suit will still fit.

I have the diabetes test to do in the next two weeks and then I'll be into the third trimester. I hope it goes much faster than the 2nd trimester, it's just dragged on and on. I can't wait to meet this baby girl and I still cross my fingers and pray everyday that she will get here safely. We love her so much already!

I didn't love the above picture so I took another one on a day I got dressed (which is rare these days with swimming lessons) and I didn't love it either. So I guess both go on. :) Here I am at 25 weeks and 5 days. The above picture was at 25 weeks and 4 days.

4 comments:

KW said...

Why is your pregnancy going by so much faster than mine??? Seriously, you are cruising! Naming is so so hard. It would be easy if it only involved one person, but then husbands are majorly opinionated.

Natalie said...

I can see you with a Mallory or Brynnlee!

Paul + Emily said...

Shirley, you are such a gorgeous pregnant lady!! So happy that everything is going well!! I can't wait to meet this beautiful little girl!! Hang in there..just a couple more months! :)

Nancy said...

Cute! Happy you are chugging along. I am going in next week for an appt and I'm far enough along to find out the gender!! (16 weeks) but the office said they usually do it at 20- I don't want to wait another month :( how do I convince them to give me one??

Yay for baby girl!! Where are you putting your office?