Saturday, November 10, 2012

First Snow Day

We have been waiting for snow for over a month! Ryan is at the age now that he remembers last winter and how fun it is. We woke up to rain and I sent Ryan to preschool in his regular clothes. By the time I picked him up, it was snowing hard. I now know to send him in boots! He was slipping and sliding and having so much fun. When we got home we got all ready to go outside.The hardest part was finding all the snow clothes!

I finally found most everything we needed and dressed the boys up.

I love this picture! He looks like he can barely move!

On the way home from Preschool Ryan asked if we could go sledding. I told him that we didn't have a sled. Then he said, "We can ask Grandma Lisa to borrow hers!" I couldn't believe it! That is what we did last year and he remembered. His memory is so good, I have to be careful! haha. So yes, we need to borrow one of Grandma's sleds.


So much snow!!! It snowed the whole night and we woke up to way over a foot of snow. Brady couldn't walk in it. :)


Brady loves to be outside, but he couldn't move very well and certainly couldn't pick up snow well enough with those gloves. He didn't want to go inside, but he didn't look like he was having much fun. :) Here is a short video of what most of Brady's time outside looked like.



Every time Brady bent over to pick up something, like snow, he would fall on his head then fall to the side and yell "MAM!" I had to pick him up many many times. Poor guy! haha

Perfect Big Brother shot.

Our cute snow man, Mr. Bean Bag, which later was named Mr. Sleeping Bag. We made him and then went inside for lunch and find items to dress him up with. When we came out he had fallen over. :( So we hurriedly made two more balls and fixed him up. We used two-year-old licorice for the eyes, mouth, and buttons, and a carrot of course for the nose. Later the next day Ryan chopped his nose in half.

The one thing that Brady liked was the slide, even though he couldn't get down by himself.


We had a great time out in the snow and we are so excited that winter is here!


The next day Jared took the kids out. They just can't get enough.

Jared didn't have a hat and borrowed the kids'. It was either that or my purple hat. :)
We didn't get our summer toys in before the snow. Oops!
Snowman the next day after more snow and the attack of Ryan. 
Brady did NOT like getting covered in snow.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

They have too much fun outside and play.

I laughed Ryan made angel from snow. I showed him the same thing last spring. hahahah

I am surprsied He still remembers about angel or sled. Sure I will give you ones and keep it. I love you all.

Someday I will join you all and play outside with beautiful snow.

BRooKe said...

So fun! What a fun momma you are. I have been looking online for snow stuff for Hayden so next time he will be all geared up to play in the snow!

Paul + Emily said...

SO CUTE! Looks like they had a blast!!! They are so adorable. I love that Brady could hardly move all bundled up!! So cute! Isn't snow so much more fun now that we have kids?

Jefra said...

So fun! The snow makes everything look so beautiful. That first picture of Brady is so funny! Even though I don't like the cold, I do miss those times of playing in the snow and I know Cannon would love it too.

Nancy said...

Haha Brady's short n stout bundled up look! I love the picture of Ryan nailing Brady with a snowball and Ryan standing next to the snowman so proudly. Oh, and Jared's little boy hat. LOL. Looks like you guys are having fun in the snow!