Walmart has a stand with a bunch of kites. Every time we walk past it, I can't help but stop and look at them. I finally bought one and then another. We have lots of wind in Spanish Fork, perfect for flying kites. In our backyard, the wind is crazy and will go one way and then the other. Still fun, but not as fun as it could be. We finally got a chance as a family to go and fly them over at the church. It is right next to Hwy 6 and the wind was awesome!!! We spent an hour flying kites. It was so fun.
Here is a video of Ryan's first time flying a kite this day. It's also the first time (of three times) that he let go of the kite.
A video of Brady saying "cheese" and "bye". Of course more flying kites. :)
Right before we were getting ready to go, Ryan let go of his kite. The wind is so strong that it just kept going. It went over the fence and finally got caught on a blade of grass. The kite just stayed floating over in the field. Ryan was distraught to say the least. Watch the video of him sadly talking about the kite. :)
Ryan has an amazing daddy who jumped over the fence with a bad wrist and bad back to get his kite back. This was one happy little boy!
We had so much fun flying kites and can't wait to do it again! This time maybe we'll tie the kite to Ryan's wrist or something. :)
3 comments:
I am so happy you guys went out to do kites. I love kites, too.
Last paragraph, you said you will tie around Ryan's waist and it made me laugh so hard. That is funny. I think Ryan learned a lesson and have to hold it tight :)
I want to join you when next time I visit you all.
LOVE LOVE LOVE Brady's shirt!
Oh how fun! I want to go fly a kite now! Cambree keeps asking to fly one and she saw this post and got so excited ha ha
Post a Comment