Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

We got a coupon in the mail for HeeHaw Farms and it looked like a lot of fun! The only drawback is that it is in Pleasant Grove, about 30 minutes away, and that it cost a lot to go in. And you have to pay more for other things like a hay ride. We were all set to go when I saw a smaller place in Orem. It is called Vineyard Gardens "Halloween Land". It was awesome for our little boys!

 It was a pumpkin patch and corn maze on a much smaller scale. We had so much fun!

The first thing we did was go the wrong way. We went into the end of the "Halloween Land" where there was a playground. I was feeling pretty jipped at this point! haha. Then we realized there was a lot more and I felt a lot better!


Then we went in this light alley thing that was interesting. It wasn't scary, but the turkey doll totally scared Ryan. He kept his distance! :)

We finally found the corn maze. We found a sign that said there was a secret room with a bucket of magic beans! If you found it, you take a bean and take it to the cashier for a treat! Our mission was to find the magic bean! We took so many turns and then we took one turn that took us all the way around the perimeter of the corn maze. I was feeling pretty stupid about taking it until we took another turn into this skinny pathway and found the room! It was actually pretty fun!

Ryan loved running in the corn maze!

Here is a little video of us running around.


The only way Ryan would let me take his picture was if I let him take one of me. 
He didn't do too badly!

I thought it would be a good idea to bring the stroller. And it was, just not in the corn maze. 
Jared was a trooper!

Brady is such a good baby. He just hung out in his carseat while we ran around the maze.

Ryan found the Magic Bean!

We tried to recreate the moment in this video. It isn't as good! haha. Ryan was so excited to find it!

Some of the pumpkins were HUGE! Ryan wanted to pick them up.

After the corn maze, we headed over to the animals and farm yard area.

There were some goats but I forgot to take a picture of them. Ryan was pretty fascinated by all the animals. His favorites were the chickens. They were pretty cute as far as chickens go.

I love this picture of Brady. So so so cute!
We, of course, had to get our pictures taken in these things!

I love Ryan's face in this one! He was saying "Halloweeeeeeen!"

I am amazing. I was holding Brady up. Does it look like I have really long arms?? :)
Ryan was supposed to be in hole on the bottom, but he was having a tantrum about not getting to climb up on the stool for one of the upper holes. So we had to take another picture.

I love Brady's face in this one! LOL

Ryan was SO excited to use this wagon for our pumpkin picking! Out of all the pumpkins, he liked the small ones the best. Our wallet was okay with that. 

They had a cute little area for pictures so I tried to take some of our family and the boys. I was almost successful. The one with both of them didn't turn out so good. I wonder if professional photographers have problems photographing their own kids. :)

This was the best one of the both of them.
Before I took that one, Ryan was sitting on the other side of Brady and started throwing hay on him. We had to separate them. :)


Here are my handsome boys! All dressed up for one of our favorite Holidays! I think I may need to find a frame for these. :)



The prices were pretty high for pumpkins, so we decided to go to Macey's to get the other ones. We got three, one for Mommy, one for Daddy, and one for Ryan/Brady. I also got all the stuff to carve them. We are going to do that tomorrow night! I am so excited! Ryan will love playing with the insides. :) 

After that we went to Carl's Jr. (Thanks Nancy for leaving your BYU ticket that had a coupon on it!) and had fun there. Ryan loved their play place. He is generally a scaredy cat, but there was no one there and he had so much fun! I felt really bad leaving since he was finally loving it! 

We had such a fun night and I am so in love with these two boys. And of course my man. He is the best. I can't wait for the rest of the season! We have pumpkin carving, Grandma Richards' Halloween party, and Halloween! Can't wait! :)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I am happy you all went there. The place explored to Ryan and Brady. They had good time. I love to go with you and them. I love to out and see things.

Happy Halloween!!! I can't wait to have the party at Grandma s house. It would be fun. I hope Ryan don't get scared!!! I took halloween stuff from my storage and my shed to Steven's old room. Ryan went downstairs and saw the stuff there. He ran upstairs and won't go there. He knew there still is a monster (frankenstein) under my deck. LOL. Someday he need to be brave and know they are fake. He knows his grandma Lisa has a lot of Halloween stuff...they are monsters LOL.

Happy Halloween!

Unknown said...

I love this pumpkin patch, I've been going there since Reagan was a baby, I don't even remember how I found out about it. My mom and I are going on Friday :) Love the pictures!!!

But I was also wondering, do you still have the heehaw coupon you were talking about? I bought into a living social deal there so now I have to pay for myself too and a coupon would help. Let me know :)

Ben and Cjirsten said...

That looks like a blast! I have never done that before, but always kinda wanted to try. I always just grow my own, and thus don't have a need to go pick them. That looks like more fun then weeding a garden and stuff though. Brady is so dang cute too!! I love his pictures in his little pumpkin shirt!