Thursday, October 13, 2011

Jack-O-Lanterns!

It has been years, YEARS! since I last carved a pumpkin. I believe it was before high school even. So when the day came that Ryan was old enough to be excited about carving pumpkins, I was excited!

Ryan got his pumpkin from Halloween Land at Vineyard Gardens. I got two larger pumpkins for Mommy and Daddy from Macey's. Kaysi ended up coming over for our pumpkin carving night, so she did one, I did one, and Daddy and Ryan did one together. 

Ryan LOVED everything about carving the pumpkins. 
He would have liked it better if we let him play with the knives. :) 

Drawing his face! He told Jared that he wanted the pumpkin to have a chin. :)

Ryan did a great job taking out the pumpkin guts and seeds! We saved those for roasting.

Could Kaysi be any cuter? I don't think so. We love her!

Here is a video of Ryan deciding what to do.




I had to go and feed Brady so Ryan and Kaysi finished way before me. 
Aren't these two Jack-o-Lanterns awesome??

Our roasted seeds were so tasty!

Ryan and his Jack-o-Lantern!
And, yes, Ryan is not wearing pants. That's what you do when you're potty training. :)

Our pumpkins! I did a kitty cat! I love how it turned out!


Have I mentioned how much I love Halloween? :)

At night we make it a big deal to go out and light our pumpkins. Ryan doesn't stop talking about them ALL NIGHT LONG! In fact, last night he prayed to Heavenly Father and thanked him for the pumpkins and that he could blow them out. That was the first time he has said anything other than the food prayer for his prayer. Jared and I were holding in our giggles so hard. It is so cute to hear what is on his mind. So every night before bed we go back out and blow out the candles. Ryan loves it and, I guess, I do too! :)

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow you did good job.

I am sad I am not there to be with you to watch but I am happy for you to do it.

Yes, I noticed Ryan wears a cute underwear :)

Happy Halloween!

Nancy said...

I love that! I love that he is not wearing pants LOL. And his video of you telling Jared to let him do what he wants and jared's reaction was perfect. haha. That's awesome kasey could come over too. Looks like you guys had so much fun!

Tina said...

So cute and fun! I love carving pumpkins :)

Jefra said...

Those are like professional pumpkins! You did an amazing job doing the cat! I don't think I could do something like that. We only got one pumpkin this year and we're going to carve it the Monday before Halloween for FHE.

Emily :) said...

Your pumpkins turned out so cute!!!!!! You have such a beautiful family! And I loved how Ryan prayed for the pumpkins!! You made me motivated to get our pumpkins carved! :)

Cody and Maegan Graham said...

I love the pumpkin with the stem as a nose! How creative! Oh... and smart to put Ryan in his undies! Pumpkin carving can get messy! :)

Ben and Cjirsten said...

Dang good work! I wish we could have carved this year but with trying to move and the officers program and stuff it just didn't work :(. I always love all your pics! They always make me smile to see your family!