Monday, October 17, 2011

Nancy Visits!

We love Nancy so much! (And Jonno too, but he was gone for a training so he couldn't come.)

I was going to post a picture of Nancy and me, but I guess we never took one together! Sad! Nancy, we have to remedy that next time we see each other. 

I was lucky enough to pick up Nancy from the airport. I got there a little late and we just barely missed each other. She spent 15 minutes on the curb, and I spent 15 minutes waiting by the baggage area with a 2 1/2 year old. Guess who had more fun? :) Once we saw Nancy, Ryan was so happy! (so was I, of course!) He ran and gave her a big hug! He loves his Aunt Nancy! When he is trying to get her attention, he says Nancy! But if she doesn't respond right away he says Aunt Nancy! It's the cutest thing.

Nancy gave Ryan a surprise! Actually it was a present. Nancy brought us all gifts. She is so cute like that. She said to Ryan, "Guess what! I brought you something!" He said, "A surprise?? From Washinkton?" (Since Nancy and Grandpa live there we talk about it a lot. :) And it was a surprise! She got him a fun Elmo potty singing book. He loves it! It was the perfect gift! Nancy got me a Washington State Huskies shirt. It is purple, soft, and I absolutely love it. She got Brady some rainbow socks. We feel so special! :)

After we picked Nancy up, we stopped by Mom's church so Mom could see her. Mom was there for a Relief Society thing and couldn't get out of it. Mom was so proud to show us off to her friends. :) Especially the little ones.

After that we went shopping! Nancy said that thrift stores up in Washington aren't very good and expensive. So part of her vacation was doing lots and lots of thrift shopping. She even brought a big suitcase for all the clothes she was bringing home. :) We went to the DI and got lots of cute things. It's so nice to get new clothes, even if you're on a budget and they are used. Then we went to Cafe Rio where Ryan swallowed a chip he hadn't chewed very well. He started choking and threw up in my hand. Nancy got a nice view of what having kids is like. :)

I had Ryan stay with her when we were shopping and she was pretty tired by the end. We went to Kid2Kid after Cafe Rio. She had the option to come in with me and the kids or stay in the car with them. Guess what she chose? :) After I was done, I came to the car to find her in the back seat trying to calm Brady and entertain Ryan. She was so cute. She is a fantastic aunt and the boys love her!

We dropped Nancy off at Mom's and went home. She went to the BYU game and then slept over at our house that night. We stayed up WAY too late talking and talking. Looking up pictures of people we knew that we wanted to show each other on Facebook. I love my sister so much. I am so glad we have the kind of relationship where we can talk about anything and we always pick up where we left off. 

Morning came early. Mom stayed with us that night too but had to leave early to go to church. Jared came up with the fantastic idea that Ryan go with Grandma to church. It was inspiration! :) Nancy and I got to chat more and then we took a long nap before heading to Grandma Richards house. 

My mom sent me lots of pictures of Ryan doing so well at church, but the only one I have from the camera is this cute one of him sleeping. What a stud! :)

We brought Nancy to Grandma Richards, where she was sleeping the night. Grandma made a delicious dinner and we all had a great time. Here are a bunch of pictures from that night. 

Grandma has a fun tramp and that is the first thing that Ryan wants to do when we get there. Nancy is a champ and swept it for him and then played with him while dinner was getting ready.

Nancy and Ryan played this game where they would get pinecones and then throw them on the pool cover. If I had been there, this game would have ended as quickly as it began. Thank goodness for aunts that let you have fun. :)

During dinner Ryan was running around. He slipped and bonked his head on the edge of shelf and got the biggest bruise. I ran to him to hold him while he cried. Then I looked at it. It was so gross! The bump was about an inch off of his head and I immediately felt like I was going to vomit. I had to pass him off and go in another room; it was that bad. Grandma Richards put a bandaid on it and he felt much better. :) You could see the huge bump under the bandaid. I had to look at Ryan without seeing that bump, which was difficult. :) So in the rest of the pictures, you will see the bandaid! :)

Since Nancy isn't with us very often, we have to take advantage of the family pictures. So here are a bunch!

Our "four generations" picture.

I love these two ladies. :)

I love both of their faces in this picture! :)

Nancy gave Steven a mustache brush and Ryan was having SO much fun with it. It was like a swiss army knife and would pop out. Ryan kept saying "I'm gonna cut you!" It sounds so much worse than he means it. It was really funny!

Reading Ryan's new potty book! See that sucker, that was probably his 20th one. Dang candy drawer at Grandma's house! ;)


We had so much fun with having Nancy here. I feel so lucky to have her in my life and have her be such a big support for me. I can't wait to see her again, whether here or there! We love you Nancy!

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Aww I LOVE this post! I had SO MUCH FUN and I'm glad I got to see you more than I had even when I LIVED in Utah! I love Ryan and Brady and am glad you blessed my life with two cute little guys to hang out with. And I loved talking and laughing with you. I'm happy we're close enough to catch up right where we leave off every time. Thanks for picking me up and spending so much time with me- I had such a great time!

PS I planned to bring Jared's souvenir too but I forgot to put it in the bag :( I promise he gets one too! Maybe you guys should just come up for Nolan's baptism and I can give it to him then??

Thank you for posting this- I LOVE it! And I'm happy at least one of us blogs and makes the posts to save the memory. :)

I love you!

Paul + Emily said...

I love this post too! So much fun seeing how close you are to your sister!! It would be so hard to live so far away from eachother, but so glad that you were able to spend some great with her and make some fun memories!! I think you and your sister look SO MUCH alike!

Lisa said...

Nancy, I miss you :(

Thank you for coming and visit us. It was fun. I went with you to shopping, ate dinner and watch the bored movie Rando.

Shirley, I am happy we got family together. I had good time.

I brought Ryan with me to my church and he was good boy. He loves the nursery. :)

Natalie said...

That is so fun! I love Nanady! I just read Nancy's comment- can't believe Nolan is 8!!

:: ashley :: said...

I love your sister Nancy! And I dont know her in the slightest ;) She has just always been such a good friend to my little sister, and that makes me love her! ha

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

How fun! I love all the pics! It makes me miss my sister! And Nancy! I love that girl!

Ben and Cjirsten said...

he he he I love this! First off before I forget the airport story is very funny! he he I understand your pain :). It all looks like so much fun! I am glad she got to come and visit you guys and you all had fun! The pics are super fun!