At least every three weeks we head to the library for a good portion of our morning.We try to get there for story time, which Ryan does okay with. He is very shy and will not go far from my lap. If you pay attention, you just might hear him answering the questions or singing along with the Story Lady (as we call her.) Every story time she will give us a piece of paper with something on it that goes along with what we did that day.After story time, we return our books and get new ones. While I am getting the books, Ryan likes to play with toys or pretend he is on the computer.We also check out a backpack. We do the things in it maybe once or twice, but he loves getting a backpack, so don't you dare leave without checking one out.
One of Ryan's favorite things to do at the library is push the button for the elevator. He will get very upset if he doesn't get to do it himself. :)
Brady doesn't quite know what is going on yet. :) Which is a good thing, because I foresee my boys fighting over who gets to push the elevator button.Usually we have lots of friends who go to story time with us. We love hanging out with our friends! After the library, we always head to the park.At the beginning of the year, Ryan wouldn't go down sides by himself. In fact, my 9 month pregnant self had to climb up the playground to get him and go down the slide with him screaming. It was fun. :) But now! He is a pro!
There was one big slide that he was nervous about. But I got him to go down the slide and he loved it! He wanted to go down again and again!
Here is a video of it!
Brady is happy to hang out for the most part. This was his first time in our Ergo. We've used a lot more and we love it! Thanks to Babysteals.com for great deals so I could semi-afford one. :)
After the park, we go home and eat lunch. After naps, Ryan colors his paper he got from the Story Lady.
We love the library! And Ryan loves his books. We read to him at least 20 minutes a day so hopefully he continues loving to read.
You are good mother to take Ryan to the library and get some books. He loves the books to read. Books are fun.
I laughed because of same route you took Ryan as well as I did with Ryan to the library then go to the park and get home. Ryan had good time. One day you asked me to take Ryan to the story time but it was not becaue of summer time.
Right Ryan doesn't afraid to go down slide. Ryan stayed at my house to sleep overnight. We include Cookie the dog went to the school playground and Ryan climbed up and rode down slide. Wow.
I will find a playground place near my house while school days that we can't use the school playground.
He will pick up to read and write when the right time will come.
Now I remember Lone Peak Park has playground. We will go over there one day. Also I take Ryan to Plant Living Aquigirum (spell?) in the morning. He loves to run and look at some windows. like "free time" smile.
We need to make it to story time more often. We used to do so well at going, but haven't been for a while. How cute that you can check out little backpacks. What kinds of things are in there to do? You are such a great Mom Shirley!!
I am so jealous that Ryan will stay in your lap for story time! Our library has one of the best story times I've ever seen and we go every week, but I still struggle with Cannon to keep him close to me. Cannon is a total wanderer and all he wants to do is run. Last week was a lot better, but we have to sit in the front row. I thought maybe he didn't like it, but at home he sings all the songs and he looks forward to going every week.
I love that you get to use your Ergo. I can't wait to use it when we have our next kid. I actually still use it for Cannon when I vacuum because he is afraid. Now that's a workout!
How fun that you can check out backpacks full of stuff to do! I would love to do that with my kids! You are so good to do that! I lose my mind taking all my kids to the grocery store I have no clue how I would to a library! I don't know why but in these pictures of Ryan he looks so grown up! And I just have to say, I LOVE to read the comments on my blog that you post! They make me so happy! Even though your always way to nice ha ha. That is so funny you did the same thing I did in collage! Ugh it was so embarrassing!
7 comments:
You are good mother to take Ryan to the library and get some books. He loves the books to read. Books are fun.
I laughed because of same route you took Ryan as well as I did with Ryan to the library then go to the park and get home. Ryan had good time. One day you asked me to take Ryan to the story time but it was not becaue of summer time.
Right Ryan doesn't afraid to go down slide. Ryan stayed at my house to sleep overnight. We include Cookie the dog went to the school playground and Ryan climbed up and rode down slide. Wow.
I will find a playground place near my house while school days that we can't use the school playground.
He will pick up to read and write when the right time will come.
Now I remember Lone Peak Park has playground. We will go over there one day. Also I take Ryan to Plant Living Aquigirum (spell?) in the morning. He loves to run and look at some windows. like "free time" smile.
I miss library/park days. Luke always wanted to ride the elevator and push the button too. Funny, funny boys!
We need to make it to story time more often. We used to do so well at going, but haven't been for a while. How cute that you can check out little backpacks. What kinds of things are in there to do? You are such a great Mom Shirley!!
the library is the best! we frequent ours all of the time. i'm a firm believer that 'smart people read books' :)
I am so jealous that Ryan will stay in your lap for story time! Our library has one of the best story times I've ever seen and we go every week, but I still struggle with Cannon to keep him close to me. Cannon is a total wanderer and all he wants to do is run. Last week was a lot better, but we have to sit in the front row. I thought maybe he didn't like it, but at home he sings all the songs and he looks forward to going every week.
I love that you get to use your Ergo. I can't wait to use it when we have our next kid. I actually still use it for Cannon when I vacuum because he is afraid. Now that's a workout!
How fun that you can check out backpacks full of stuff to do! I would love to do that with my kids! You are so good to do that! I lose my mind taking all my kids to the grocery store I have no clue how I would to a library! I don't know why but in these pictures of Ryan he looks so grown up! And I just have to say, I LOVE to read the comments on my blog that you post! They make me so happy! Even though your always way to nice ha ha. That is so funny you did the same thing I did in collage! Ugh it was so embarrassing!
Post a Comment