Thursday, September 1, 2011

4 Months

My little Brady turned 4 months last Saturday on the 27th. Can you believe it!?

I love watching him grow, but it happens way too fast.

He is doing SO well with his harness off. He is starting to look more like an infant than a newborn. His hair is thinning (or his head is growing) and it is so much more manageable now. :)

He smiles and laughs (at Daddy the most) and has learned to squint his eyes when Ryan shows up. He's just waiting for something. Ryan is generally nice, but even his niceness is a little rough. :)

He is standing well, holding his head great, grabbing anything he can get his hands on, batting at toys above him with his hands AND feet. He moves all over his playmat some how. He sleeps great. He sleeps about 8-9 hours straight before waking up for a feeding on a good night. He likes to take short naps in the morning and then two longer ones in the afternoon. If we are out and about, he tries his hardest to stay awake and if he falls asleep, it's only for 10 minutes.

He also has a hard time eating when anything else is going on. This makes eating while Ryan is around difficult. :) I have had to let Ryan get into a lot of things because I want Brady to get a full meal.

Brady loves to vocalize. He has such cute coos and squeals. This age is so much fun. I love the smiles and how easy they are to love.

I took some pictures of Brady, but either the room I did it in (Ryan's) was awful for lighting, or my camera is off. I really don't like how these pictures turned out so I will probably have to try them again. The sad thing is that I had to squeeze Brady into this onesie so I could compare him and Ryan. I probably should have taken pictures of him in it when he was two months old like Ryan is in the pictures. Oh well. It still is fun to see how much they look like brothers.

I also took some pictures of Brady on his name quilt. I want to take his pictures on it every month to see how he's grown. :) The first picture is at 3 months and the second is the 4 month one.



Brady loves swinging his legs up into the air so I had to put this one in. :)

And here are more of Brady in the Mommy's Little Jelly Bean onesie.
I am SO sad the pictures' coloring is off, but he is cute so I have to post them.
Hopefully we can figure out the problem with the camera.

I had to post this one when he was telling me he was done. He has the cutest cry face!

Everything looked great at the doctor's office. Here are his stats:

Weight: 15 lbs (50%)
Height: 24 1/2 in (30%)
Head: 17 in (75%)

The doctor said he looked great. He hadn't pooped in 10 days so the doctor suggested giving Pear Juice and Brady loved it! We won't be starting solids until he is about 6 months old. I remember being so excited with Ryan, but I really am okay waiting this time.

I am sure I am forgetting something to write. I almost forgot the doctor stats. :) Brady is such a joy in our house. I feel so blessed to be his mommy. And I love his personality and how friendly he is. I just want to kiss him over and over. He is such a perfect baby and I love him so much.

7 comments:

Jefra said...

Brady sounds like such an angel baby! I can't believe he is already 4 months! To me that's like the turning point from newborn to infant. It seems like he was just barely born!

Kimmie said...

happy 4 months old! He and Ryan look like little twins! I am glad he's doing well with his harness off. Your quilt is adorable! you are so talented.

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

They are definately brothers! What a cute little man! I can't believe he's 4 months old already! I think the pics look great. You could always try editing them on picnik and see if that helps. Love you!

Lisa said...

Brady is sooooooo cute!!!

Ryan was soooo cute, too!!!

That boys are my sweet grandboys!!! I love them.

You are good photographer. You are so lucky to have digial camera. You, Steven and Nancy were babies, I had only 36 numbers limit one roll lol. I wonder about future...techology change much easy, faster, best camera and plenty of pictures???

I am happy you have good talent to make clothes, craft and quilts. I am very happy I bought my sewing machine and let you have it. Don't worry about return it, because I don't use it and I am old lady hahahaha. I am so proud of you and I love you.

Paul + Emily said...

I love the pictures of when you compared your two little guys! I think they look so much alike! Sooooo cute!!!! And I can't get over that incredible quilt that you built!! It turned out perfect! :)

Jessica said...

Awww your kids are so cute Shirley! Wow! I really liked the pictures where you could see how much he had grown! That's a really good idea! I can't believe how much Andrew has grown and he is only 2 weeks old.. ack! It's happening too fast!

Ben and Cjirsten said...

He is so cute! He has always been so cute, but I think he gets cuter the older he gets :) I am so behind on the blog though! I need to update my blog bad, its funny I took Tyson into his 6 month check up, and ya from what I remember of the numbers Brady is still bigger, and getting bigger then Tyson its crazy!