I know I am late, but I was reading my friend's blog who had a baby a few days before I had Brady and she had a two week post. I was like, oh, I should probably do that! lol I can guarantee you I did that right on time with Ryan.
Brady's two week appointment was a little traumatic for me. It was the first time I took both boys somewhere by myself. I decided that I will never take other children to the two week appointment ever again unless I have another adult with me.
We got there on time, and they were running on time so when we went into the play room and got called, Ryan didn't want to come with me. So I had to drag him and the carrier into the back. Once we were in there, the nurse didn't shut the door because we were going back out to weigh and measure Brady. I undressed Brady and then Ryan ran out the door and ran all the way back to the play room. I chased him with naked Brady in my arms, and dragged Ryan back to the room. This time I made sure the door was shut. :)
The appointment went well. Brady's umbilical cord fell off and was healing nicely. His circumcision was healing well too. The doctor said he had just seen two 2 month old babies and they were both smaller than Brady. :) He said he kept waiting for Brady to smile, but he had to remind himself that he was only two weeks old!
His weight was 10 pounds and he is still 21 inches long. They measured his head, but they don't write it down so I don't know what it is.
Then the doctor checked his hip. It is still popping out, so we scheduled an ultrasound at 6 weeks to see how it is then. Keep your fingers crossed it's healed! If not, he'll have to wear a cast-like thing for a few months. Not fun!
They also took some blood for tests. They pricked his feet and had to fill up like 10 bubbles. It took like 10 squeezes of the heel to fill one bubble. I had to stand and hold Brady screaming the whole time. It took forever!!! I felt so hot and my back killed and I think I almost passed out.
Since I wasn't feeling well, I had to stop at the bathroom on the way out. With both kids. So fun. And then we went down the elevator. I was going out the door when Ryan decided to run up the stairs and no amount of "come back here!"s would work. I didn't know what to do. I didn't feel well enough to run up after him carrying the baby carrier, and I considered leaving the baby carrier on the first floor while I ran after him. I still don't know what the right answer is. What did I do? I took the elevator up. Then I asked people if they had seen him, with the shocked eyes staring back at me like "you lost your child?" But I knew they understood, they were just scared for me. :) One mom said she saw him going back down the stairs so I carried Brady down and caught him at the bottom of the stairs and gave him a big spank!
My mom has bought me a leash since telling her this story. I can see it coming in handy!
Anyway, I guess this was more of a post about my first time out as a mom of two instead of just Brady's two week post. :)
We love Brady so much. He is such a good baby and so cute! He sleeps for really long hours during the day, and sometimes getting him to sleep is a little hard. He doesn't really like the pacifier, so I am not sure what to do with that. Right now, he thinks I am one and I don't want that! I am going to try some different kinds and see if he likes them better. He makes the best "disgusting" face when I try to get him to take this paci. He smiles lots to the point where you're sure you made him smile. I can't wait until that's true! :) He's such an easy going baby, and totally perfect for our family. He just fits right in.
I don't know when these pictures were taken, but I couldn't have a post with no pictures. :) Ryan has been so cute with Brady. He tries to hold him all the time and kisses him and loves to lay with him. He even has started talking to Brady in a baby voice. SO CUTE! We both sing songs to Brady, and every once in awhile Brady will get a jealous hit on the head or kick in the face. But fortunately, it's not THAT often, just a couple times a day. :) The good interactions have been outweighing the bad, thank goodness.
I love my two boys!
3 comments:
your pictures are sooo beautiful. I fall in love with these pictures. Prefect pictures!!!
The boys are cute and close brothers. I love them.
They are adorable! I'm sorry your 2week appointment was so hellish! I wish I were closer so I could help out. Just remember, you can do it! :)
Wow- the future... those pics are super adorable though! i hope things start to get easier for you out in public!
Post a Comment