Saturday, May 21, 2011

Brady's First Bath

Okay, okay, I'm not going to lie. These are pictures of Brady's second bath. I completely forgot to take pictures of his first bath. He was so stinkin' cute, and I was so mad that I didn't take any, so let's pretend these are from his first one, okay? Really, they would look the same anyway. :)

We have such a great system in place now! Jared bathes Ryan while I get Brady up from his nap and feed him. Then we trade. I lotion up Ryan and put on his diaper and pajamas and get him ready for bed. Then I come back in and get Brady and get him ready for bed while Jared is putting Ryan down. It's great! And it really isn't that much longer than what we were already doing with Ryan.

Also, bathing Brady seems about 100 times easier than it was with Ryan (besides the fact that Jared is doing it and not me. :) He seems so content, and Grandma Richards bought us the cover for Christmas as a gift to the baby and it helps so much! I wish we had one with Ryan. So mommies, if you don't have one, you want want for your new baby.

I also want to add how lucky I am to have a husband willing to do the bathing.
Jared does it 99% of the time.
I love him.



5 comments:

Jill said...

So cute! I have Tyler give the girls baths too. For some reason, I just don't like doing it!

Paul + Emily said...

Way to go Jared!!! Little Brady is such a sweetheart!

southernbelleang said...

He is adorable! Where did she get the coverup? What a great idea. We would always use a washcloth, but the cover up looks so much warmer. We will have to get it for our next baby.

Ammon & Ali said...

I love that cover, where did she get it? Gavin likes his baths now, but he sure didn't at first!! It could come in handy for the next one. Of course that will be a few years down the road. :)

Cody and Maegan Graham said...

Funny, Code bathes Abbey too! I think it's a good way for them to be able to "bond" with them. Nothing safer than Daddy's arms! I think we got some pretty awesome hubby's!!! Lucky girls, we are!!! :)

Oh... and BTW, I would LOVE to get together with you and your hubs and Tyson and Laura's!!! Love ya!