Every Labor Day we have the Richards Golf Tournament. It is so much fun to hang out with family AND do some golfing!
My Grandma Richards babysat the kids who couldn't go, YAY! Ryan had a blast with Grandma. I swear Grandma's are WAY more fun than Mommy's and I love it. Ryan was so dirty when I got back, but dirty = FUN! He had a blast playing with toys and jumping on the trampoline. He didn't miss us one bit! :)
During these tournaments, we have little contests like chipping and putting. This is before the actual golfing. Jared and I didn't win any of these. :) But Jared has won the putting contest before!




We split up into four teams. My team was my Aunt Christi, Uncle Mark, and cousin Lexy. We came in last place, or I guess you could say we tied for last place, but did worse on one hole so we got last. :) I swear I have never NOT been last place. I am just bad luck. I actually hit some really good shots this year. I was so proud of myself! And sad that Jared wasn't there to see it. :)


Jared's team was my Aunt Kerri, cousin Summer, and cousin Rick. They did awesome! They won with three strokes ahead of us. It was a close game! I think Jared did really well this year and I am so proud of him.

After the tournament, we all go back to Grandma and Grandpa's house for some yummy food.


We also hand out the prizes. Jared and Cynthia got the longest drive - it was seriously way good! They went before us and when I saw Jared's name on the sign, I was so proud of him!

Since we were the biggest losers in my team, we got these candy bars called Zero. lol

Jared's team got Zingers for being the winners!

After all the festivities, everyone gets in the pool. I didn't feel like getting in, but Ryan really wanted to get in. Can you tell with this first picture? My mom is so nice and said she would take him in. So while Grandma and Ryan were swimming, I got to take a nap. It was a great day. :)



Thanks Grandpa Richards for making this tradition possible. We all have so much fun and love you so much!
4 comments:
What a fun tradition!! Looks like you guys all had a blast! And I am so glad that your Mom took Ryan so that you could get a nap in. That is so nice.
This looks like so much fun Shirley! I love how cute your mom is with Ryan. And what better way to end the day then with a nap?! Perfect!
How fun! I love seeing pics and vids of your little guy! And I love that watermellon bum!lol
Dang that looks fun, my family never does anything like that, even if we did live close they don't do get togethers like that
Post a Comment