Wednesday, September 29, 2010

First Time In Nursery!

Ryan turned 18 months a little over a week ago, and after I get some pictures taken and get all caught up on months 15-18, then I'll do a little post about it. :) BUT the one thing that couldn't wait is talking about his first time in nursery!

I think nursery is every parent's dream. I teach primary so I never really had to deal with toddler Ryan. But Jared spent most of his church time walking around the building and playing with drinking fountains. He was VERY excited for Ryan to start nursery.

I was a little teary-eyed when we dropped him off. I was very surprised that the teachers only wanted to know his name and nothing else. They took him and shooed us away. Maybe they thought if we lingered Ryan would start crying, but they don't know Ryan! Once he walked in, he didn't look back!

During sharing time in Primary, I snuck out to peek on him. I opened the door and all of the kids were sitting around the tiniest table all in their seats coloring! Ryan looked SO old! I couldn't believe how calm the class was. These teachers are amazing! Ryan looked so happy and was definitely not his cranky self he usually is by this hour. :) I had the biggest smile going back into Primary. I am just SO happy for him to have something to do during church.

When I went to pick him up, they were blowing bubbles. He wouldn't look at me when I called his name and kind of cried when I picked him up to take him out. He loves nursery more than me! He is so cute and independent and I couldn't be happier with how his first day in nursery went. Can you believe I have an 18 month old!? One who says "Please" and "Thank You"? Being a parent is amazing. I love watching Ryan grow and learn and enjoy life! :)


Ryan has never really noticed the pictures in church before. He was standing under this picture of Christ and wasn't cooperating with smiling or staying still! :) So Jared picked him up and Ryan just stared at this picture and kept saying "Jesus!" I am amazed that he can tell who Jesus is in every picture. And the even more amazing thing? We don't have a picture of Jesus in our house. We still are far behind on the decorating. So he learned this from a Sunbeam book we had from the library for three weeks. Jesus' face is at the end. Kids are so smart! Maybe he still remembers some part of Heaven and his brother Jesus. :)

8 comments:

KW said...

Oh how cute! I can't wait until Nursery and I still have 8 more months. How fun for Ryan!!!

We need to get together again soon.

Jill said...

Isn't nursery the greatest thing? Only one more month until I can actually sit through a lesson. When I'm out in the hall with Alea, she can here all the kids in nursery and just whines at the door. She is so excited to go in. By the way...are you supposed to take pictures at church? :)

Fredricka said...

That is the cutest thing ever!

People take pictures in the church all the time, just normally not during a baptism, etc.

Jenn said...

Taking pictures in the church is perfectly fine, except in the chapel, or during an actual ordinance (you don't photograph some in the font during a baptism, for example). But in the hallway, or a classroom, or the Cultural Hall, is perfectly OK. :)

Jefra said...

What a big boy! It's so fun to see them hit milestones, yet sad to know that they aren't our little babies anymore. We are counting down the days until Cannon can go! We have 1:00 church, which is the worst time ever. I usually make him sleep during 2nd hour, but I guess nursery will have to deal with him then. Cannon says "Jesus" too. We have two pictures of Christ in his bedroom that he loves to look at.

Emily :) said...

I am so glad that he did so well in Nursery. I love the first picture of him with his Daddy! His smile is so precious!! That is so special that he knows who Jesus is!!

Lisa said...

Wow Ryan is a brave big boy!!! He is happy to be in the nursery and learn many things and the gospel. One and half more years go, he will be in the primary :)

These pictures are cute except he smiles with straight and the lips are closed. I love it.

About 90% of younger children know Jesus before they reach to get older. I could be wrong. Anyway that is why Jesus loves the children.

Jared walked around with Ryan...did he show Ryan the pictures and say Jesus?

I am proud of you both and you are very good parents for Ryan.

Ben and Cjirsten said...

I can't believe he is in nursery! That is so crazy to me! Its weird how fast they grow, it just does not seem like that much time has gone by! He looks so big, and cute though!