Monday, September 27, 2010

Jared's Birthday and Spud Day

Can you believe it? Jared's birthday came and went and no blog post was made about it. That does not say anything good about my abilities as a blogger!

So I am just doing what needs to be done and blog about my sweet husband's birthday!

Jared's birthday was September 18th and he turned 31! I just love him so much. He is the most giving and understanding (well if he doesn't understand, he just goes along with it!) man ever. For my birthday I got to spend a paycheck of mine on new clothes. We stayed at a hotel that night and ate out for dinner and saw a movie. Let's just say, it was heavenly! I really wanted to give Jared an awesome birthday this year, but things have been so tight lately. I told him my concerns and he just said that he doesn't need anything this year. He didn't even seem disappointed or try to make me feel guilty for splurging on my birthday. I am so grateful for a husband that does not place a ton of value on material things and has an eternal perspective.

Jared's birthday was during Spud Day, which is his hometown city's celebration. We go every year! My mom knew we would be gone so she came to visit and made us dinner and a cake to celebrate Jared's birthday. She also brought him Mountain Dew. My family knows the way to Jared's heart. :) It was really nice for both of us to not have to worry about anything and it was delicious!

On Friday, the 17th, we headed up to Idaho. We started the next day with the Spud Day Parade! It was really fun this year. There is always LOTS of candy to be had. Ryan didn't really understand the concept and was happy sitting on his cousins' and Grandpa's lap eating a piece of candy here and there.

After the parade we went to the celebrations! We didn't eat lunch there, BUT they had a Jamba Joice shed and how could I NOT get one! This is the first time I've seen one here and I LOVE Jamba Juice. I am thinking I should open one of my own in Spanish Fork! If there are any business people reading this post, open one in Spanish Fork and I swear you will have enough business with me alone. Of course, since I will be the #1 customer, I expect a discount. Just sayin'. :) Okay back to Spud Day! We also saw lots of Jared's friends from high school and got to catch up. Then we got our free potato and made our way home. Ryan was way past due for his nap.

Unfortunately, he fell asleep while in the drive thru at Arctic Circle. No amount of trying to keep him awake would work. SO when we got home, he woke up and then he wouldn't sleep. Good thing he has lots of cousins to play with him and keep him busy. :)

All of the family had dinner at Grandpa's house and then we celebrated Jared's birthday afterwards. It was fun to get to spend it with his family. We always have so much fun just hanging out.

That night I gave Jared his presents. I couldn't NOT get him anything. Jared has nothing on his desk at work. It was so bare that his coworker gave him a few figurines (I don't know if that is the right word for those things) to put on his desk. Jared has had this job for over a year now we haven't gotten around to getting him family pictures for his desk. So since we were so tight on money this month, what a great meaningful cheap present right?! I got him three pictures of Ryan and a family one of us. We also got him a gift certificate to go golfing with a cart and a $10 gift certificate to Sonic. I have to say that it almost makes gift giving more meaningful to do it on a small budget. I just tried to get him things that I knew he would love and I hope he did!

Happy Birthday Jared! You are such a gift in my life every day. I love you so much and am so glad I can be called your wife! On to another great year!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Jared

Happy Birthday!!!

A year older and a wiser :)

Hope you enjoy on your birthday :)

I love you.

Love Mom Lisa

Ben and Cjirsten said...

Happy birthday Jared! That all looks so fun! I love all the pictures they are so fun, the one of Jared and Ryan is the best!