Monday, March 29, 2010

Ryan's 1st Birthday Party!


Ryan's birthday was on March 2oth and we had his party on the same day since it was a Saturday. I was completely stressed over how everything was going to turn out, but it turned out pretty good. Future notes to self: start his First Year DVD way before two days before it needs to be finished. :) We never finished it, but had most of it playing during the party. It is so fun to have a video! I suggest it for everyone!

We invited lots of family and friends and had a good number show. There are so many people who love Ryan, and we appreciate it so much! Ryan's Grandpa Hale and Uncle Justin and Aunt Lanae came all the way down from Idaho for it. We loved having them here.

To decorate, I put up pictures of Ryan growing up. I put up his One Day Old, One Week Old, One Month Old, then two and so on. He is such a cute kid, it made for great decorating!!

Ryan was sleeping until right when the party started. He was a bit quiet for most of it. He wasn't sure what to think! He does love people though, so I think he was in heaven for that!

Going in to get Ryan!

Sitting on Grandpa Hale's lap.

We also had such yummy food! I was stressing on what to make for a large group and my sister-in-law Tanya suggested Pulled Pork Sandwiches. They were so easy to make, not that expensive, and delicious! I had a few people bring salads and they were all delicious! Many have asked for recipes. I just need to get my grandma's Potato Salad recipe to give out. Thanks to everyone that brought a salad! Ryan didn't sit down and eat. He just went around to everyone begging for food. It was so funny to see him go from one person to the next.

Our nephews. Cute stinkers, aren't they? :)
It was SO nice to have so much space out back for all the kids to run around.


I bought a #1 cake pan for Cutie Pie and got my niece Sydney to help me decorate it. She is amazing at decorating, and it was really nice to have her help the night before the party. The idea was to copy the fabric of the "1" on Ryan's shirt. It is blue with a bunch of turtles on it. We did pretty good with the cake, but it probably would've been better to just have a bunch of circles. Who knew turtles would be so difficult to make! :) We also used fondant for them, and who likes to eat that? Lesson learned. :)


Ryan was having so much fun hanging out with everyone that he didn't want to get in his high chair for cake. I put him in and then was getting some stuff ready and he was bawling the whole time! When I brought the cake over to him though, he stopped crying. He loved being sung to and the flame, but not when I wouldn't let him touch the flame! Poor kid! haha. He was happy when I gave him a cupcake. I should've let him dive into the cake. Sorry Buddy! Maybe next year!



Mom- Blow it out! Ryan - No, I think I'll just touch the candle and burn myself. :)

Aunt Tara and Uncle Jed were trying to get Ryan to smile so I could take a picture.

Finally! I got his camera smile! Love this stinker! :)

We got so many nice presents from people. We appreciate it so much! Ryan is loving his new things!

Ryan got a cute card that sings from Great Grandma Richards. He loves it and still plays with it! There is nothing more fun than opening and shutting something right?

Here are pictures of some of the people that came. We are so blessed to have such good family, friends, and neighbors! Thanks again, everyone, for making Ryan's first birthday a blast!!

Our old neighbors from our apartment came too! They have the cutest little 3 month old boy who was sleeping at the time.

Grandma Lisa was such a big help to me. She came on Friday to help clean and prepare and then stayed after to clean. She is a wonder woman, seriously. Thanks Mom for all your help!

Ryan loves his Uncle Dennis!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Your new pictures and your new stories FINALLY came in. I know you really are busy mother :)...

You DID a good job for Ryan's birthday party. I love these pictures on the wall and cake was COOL! Ryan is so cute. He loves to play with his cousins (Hale Family side) and do different things. (Someday Nancy and Steven will have children so Ryan can play with his future cousins, and all they can have fun! :) )

By the time, the people started to eat. How really he was cute...the person gave him a bit little food, he walked to other person to feed him...went on and on until he was full. I love that his doing. He is so cute.

Thank you for inviting me to have the party and spend time with Ryan. You are a big welcome to help you clean up the house and got to ready the party. It is my pleasure. I love you.

Lisa said...

One more thing...you know I always notice the small things on these pictures like focus one thing for silly. I am bad woman LOL.

One of the pictures...Steven opened his mouth drop and wide and he points his finger at TV or Ryan or someone or something. It makes me laugh. He is so funny.

Jefra said...

You did a great job with his party! It looked like a lot of fun and yummy food. I loved Ryan's eyes when everyone was singing to him and his expression when you gave him the cupcake. I also like his #1 shirt, did you make that?

Simmons Family said...

Wow, looks like an awesome party! I love the pictures on the wall, you are so good at taking them! Happy birthday Ryan!

James said...

I am so sad I missed it!!!! You did an AMAZING job! I love his cake and his shirt! Adorable! Way to go Momma!

-Tina

Emily :) said...

I can't get over the first picture of Ryan with his 1 year old t-shirt and his GREAT BIG GRIN! He is such a happy baby and he has the most perfect smile!! Can you believe that you have a 1 year old? Thanks so much for inviting us to the party Shirley! We had a blast! You did such an exceptional job at decorating and with the food!! You are an absolutely incredibly Mom and I can tell that you love little Ryan so much! Thanks so much for the recipes! I used them at my sister in law's baby shower..and everyone loved them! :)

Ben and Cjirsten said...

Wow! I missed all the fun I can't believe it! the house is decorated so dang cute! You are so creative, I suck so bad at stuff like that ha ha ha Cambree's birthday is next month I want to do something cute and fun like you did, but we don't know anyone around here so to throw a party. . .well lets just say no one would show up because we wouldn't have anyone to invite :) The cake looked great too! I loved that you hung the pictures up that is such a cute idea! Oh man I miss living by you guys!
So ya baby sittting should be great fun huh! I am stressed the kids will be bad too, but hopefully it will be good, its two little boys, one is 7 weeks and the other is almost 2, so we will see :) Oh and yes I did take those pictues you commented on, I just edited them to try and make them look like I paid lots of money for them :) he he he